Stress and weight loss

I have an extremely stressful job, and it's hard to shake it a lot of the time. I love my company, but the position itself is intensely emotionally demanding and difficult. Sometimes I don't feel like working out. I usually force myself to, but sometimes it's pretty hard. Besides that, I have heard that stress can make you gain weight. So, my question is, does stress hinder weight loss? Can it prevent or slow it? What kind of ways do you guys relieve stress (please keep it PG)? How do I overcome this?

Replies

• iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    I know exactly how you feel. I work in a very stressful job with a demanding boss. I've had my cortisol levels checked twice. The coping methods I've turned to are an utter failure. My therapists are Jack in the Box and Carl's Jr - we meet for sessions at Taco Bell. Would love to hear from folks who can manage work stress, successfully make the right food choices and find time to hit the gym.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Everyone handles stress differently. Myself, I lose weight when stressed.

I go to the gym first thing in the morning. 1. No excuse about being tired after work, hungry, etc.
    2. it is done and over with usually before most are even out of bed!
  • knrob
    knrob Posts: 65
    Part of the stress is finding the time for yourself. Spending it chilled out on the couch over coffee in the morning or other beverages in the evening doesnt relieve it. Make some time to MOVE, go for a walk, get up early to work out, hit a class at the gym...develop new habits that get you physical. The endorphins will make you feel better and more calm at work!