Best DVD Workout?

Hello Everyone! I am looking for a DVD workout to do at home on the days when I can't go to the gym. I can't spend a ton of money, although I know you can't put a price on health :) I do cardo 3-4 times a week at the gym, and sometimes add weight training into my routine. I am looking for something fairly intense that will not require too many "accessories". Any suggestions?

Replies

• belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Hey--have you thought about the 30day shred? All you need is small hand weights. The videos are actually on youtube for free or the DVD it's like $10. The workouts are 25mins (including warm ups) and there r 3 levels so you can mix it up if you want :smile:
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    I suggest for circuit training types go with Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper Dvds. Bob Harper will kick your butt!! I have a love/hate relationship with them both. no fancy equipment needed just dumbbells and no crazy footwork to learn. having said this though I must say ANY dvd will be awesome as long as you do it. you can increase intensity with weights or adding higher impact and plyometrics.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    There are a variety of great at home workouts. One I use that is fairly intense with minimal accessories is the Reebok medicine ball work out. The dvd comes with the ball. I have a good mix of videos. I like denise austin shrink your 5 fat zones. she mixes cardio with resistance. if you do the entire video you will not be able to do it the next day because you will for sure be sore. I have a good yoga video which Rodney Yee does a yoga cardio that is great as well called :"yoga for strength and energy". Another thing I do from time to time, is go to you tube and pick out a few videos and do them It's a good way to add some variety without blowing your budget.
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Jillian is great, but I swear by the Fitness Blender videos that you just watch online. My body is totally transforming with these workouts. Their website is www.fitnessblender.com, totally free. Although it is a bit time consuming to go through all of their videos, they are releasing a great deal of search features to their site next month that will improve the search and being able to save your favorite videos. I just save them to my boards on Pinterest for easy reference.

Their workouts are no joke!
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Jillian is great, but I swear by the Fitness Blender videos that you just watch online. My body is totally transforming with these workouts. Their website is www.fitnessblender.com, totally free. Although it is a bit time consuming to go through all of their videos, they are releasing a great deal of search features to their site next month that will improve the search and being able to save your favorite videos. I just save them to my boards on Pinterest for easy reference.

Their workouts are no joke!

Thanks for this. Just went and looked them up. I like how they spot certain areas of focus. I will definitely be pinning lots tonight.