Protein Shakes

Options
I'm not sure if this is the correct section or not but i was wondering others input on protein shakes as meal replacement. I was looking into one from GNC the total Lean 25. My mornings are pretty hectic so finding time for breakfast is sometimes tough. Just curious on others opinions who have tried this one or anther. Typically my breakfast is around 9-930am and don't eat lunch until 1-2pm so i need somthign that is going to keep me full. I've tried others in the past but find myself starving an hour later...

Replies

• Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are normally not meant as a meal replacement, but as a protein supplement. You can certainly drink protein shakes without issue, but it is unlikely to keep you from being hungry. Try your best to add some kind of solid food along with the shake to satisfy hunger.

...I had said solid fuel instead of solid food, lol, guess it works either way...
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I made a shake the other day that kept me full for hours. I don't have any protein powder atm so I used peanut butter. I couldn't even finish it and ended up giving the rest to my husband. I used:

1 Banana
    3oz pineapple juice
    3tbsp peanut butter
    6 oz greek yogurt
    1 cup skim milk

I need to reduce some of the ingredients next time. It made 3 cups (8oz cup), I poured some into a 16oz glass and couldn't finish it. Had it about 9:30 - 10 am...didn't eat again till after 1pm.