Newbie needs advice

Options
Hello everyone, I'm new to MPF and I'm wondering is 1540 calories too much/little? Am I supposed to eat 1200? I currently weigh 203 want to lose around 50-60 pounds. I'm doing cardio/weights 5x a week for 90 minutes. Any and all feed back is appreciated.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new to MPF and I'm wondering is 1540 calories too much/little? Am I supposed to eat 1200? I currently weigh 203 want to lose around 50-60 pounds. I'm doing cardio/weights 5x a week for 90 minutes. Any and all feed back is appreciated.

If using MFP settings, then I'd suggest setting your goal for around .5-1lb a week loss and eating back a portion of your exercise.

I think 1200 would be too little for the amount of working out your doing.

I personally have calculated my BMR (update every 5lbs lost), and eat at that, plus a portion of my exercise calories back. Since doing this I've gone down about 3.2lbs (only on day 17, before that I was bouncing around too much between goals) and 3.5" around my abdomen (@ belly button) and I've lost inches other places, but that has been the biggest.
  • Bcmay13
    Bcmay13 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks, that makes sense!
  • losbeatlesmolan
    Options
    1200 is definetely too little!!
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I weigh 140 and am 5'6"
    I factor my calories at a defecit off my tdee (which I have as lightly active)
    Right now I set it at 1500 but don't plan on eating exercise cals back because tdee already has them factored in.
    I also changed my settings to 40/30/30 and dropped sugar because of the fruit I eat