Sore

Options
Just started a workout routine this week that includes some weight lifting. I of course started out light, cus I am soo outta shape. Anyways, my muscles are really sore and I dunno if I should skip the weights till the soreness wears off, or keep at it. Oh and I only do the weights everyother day. Thanx!

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Keep at it girlfriend. Press on.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    keep going!
    the one day in between should give your muscles enough time to recover.
  • Harper1984
    Harper1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Even if you are doing a little less but still working at it, that is better than not doing it. I used to think that I needed to give my muscles tons of time to rest in between....but then my boyfriend told me to look at it like if you workout every day for a week....you have 7 days of workouts done....even if you had to lesson some of the workouts, you still did it. But if you go to work out every day for 7 days but dont work out the 2nd & 3rd day because you are sore...you work out the 4th day, and then take the 5th & 6th off because you are sore...and then work out the 7th day........you only worked out 3 of the 7 days...

Might as well do SOMETHING on those sore days.....doesnt have to be the same exercises....just keep moving!! :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Just started a workout routine this week that includes some weight lifting. I of course started out light, cus I am soo outta shape. Anyways, my muscles are really sore and I dunno if I should skip the weights till the soreness wears off, or keep at it. Oh and I only do the weights everyother day. Thanx!
    As long as it's soreness and not actual pain, pushing through will get you where you want to be:drinker: :wink:
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Push through it...keep going! You need to keep on going and "push through it. If you don't when you pick it back up you are going to be sore all over again. :smile:
  • angelica66
    angelica66 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Kewlbuttons

My personal trainer usually gives me a full body workout twice a week with a boxing session in between and I am always soooo sore afterwards. He does though give whatever is the sorest a rest eg: if we have a done a heavy legs session he will leave the legs the next time and just do upper body. You do need time at least 24 hrs for your muscles to recover otherwise they cannot repair. If you doing sessions at a gym I would suggest you ask someone :)
  • kewlbuttons
    kewlbuttons Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanx for the advice. I'll keep at it as long as its not super bad pain.