Yoga or budokon, looking for info

Options
Hey everyone, I just decided to try out yoga since I'd seen other people talking about it and it sounded interesting. I had bought a DVD of something called Budokon a while back because it had some martial arts on it, I had just skipped over the yoga portion at the beginning of the workout before.

However, last Saturday I decided to try doing the whole thing and see how it went. It wasn't too bad while I was doing it, but man, I'm still sore! According to a reviewer on Amazon, the yoga in that DVD is a modified sort of vinyasa yoga, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about the different forms of yoga and how intense they are. It would appear that my impression of yoga as a wimpy sort of exercise is quite wrong! Also, do you enjoy yoga and could you tell me about your experience with it?

Also, has anyone else used the Budokon series and could you share your opinion and impression of it, as a workout? Is it effective at building muscle, does it get boring after a short time, that kind of thing. Thanks guys!

Replies

• nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I just decided to try out yoga since I'd seen other people talking about it and it sounded interesting. I had bought a DVD of something called Budokon a while back because it had some martial arts on it, I had just skipped over the yoga portion at the beginning of the workout before.

However, last Saturday I decided to try doing the whole thing and see how it went. It wasn't too bad while I was doing it, but man, I'm still sore! According to a reviewer on Amazon, the yoga in that DVD is a modified sort of vinyasa yoga, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about the different forms of yoga and how intense they are. It would appear that my impression of yoga as a wimpy sort of exercise is quite wrong! Also, do you enjoy yoga and could you tell me about your experience with it?

Also, has anyone else used the Budokon series and could you share your opinion and impression of it, as a workout? Is it effective at building muscle, does it get boring after a short time, that kind of thing. Thanks guys!