I hate photos.

Options
Yesterday I went to a Baby shower, everything was ok...until someone took photos...in the moment was ok, no problem, but today I see it and I look sooooooooooo Fat!!

my collegues said that is the position, but! I don't think so...

It was so fustrated, my height is 5'2 and 125lbs...what the hell...

well, I need to vent...that's reality

but I think that I'm not the only one who in reality isn't so fat and in the photos...omg! you look as gain 10lbs!!

Replies

• lilyhel
    lilyhel Posts: 77
    Options
    I hate photos so much that I don't take. I don't have before photos because I run from cameras...
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! After losing 42 Lbs. I still hate how I look in pictures. Everyone tells me I look great but all I see is the old me!!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I also hate photos. I dread anytime someone wants to take a picture. I always find something wrong with my pics. Whether it is my weight, the way I smile, the way I tilted my head. I always hate my pictures.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I hate photos too.

But that's usually because I know I only see them when they're attached to a note strongly hinting at blackmail.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I hate photos too. I am a lot heavier then you but I have always hated them. It's going to suck for me because I didn't even take before pictures. I'm thinking its either a self esteem issue or a bad self body image. I'm not sure how to fix it but I sure would like to get over it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    this is good motivation to lose the weight then.
  • joleenl
    Options
    this is good motivation to lose the weight then.

The OP is only 125lbs and 5'2.... that doesn't sound like she has much to lose. Not enough to significantly change her appearance in pictures with clothes anyways, IMO.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I hate photos too.

But that's usually because I know I only see them when they're attached to a note strongly hinting at blackmail.

Stop doing compromising things near people with cameras.

Seriously though, until a person changes their perception of themselves, they will always hate the way they look in pictures - regardless of weight.
  • AlisonTheNerd
    AlisonTheNerd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I take some pretty bad photos too, I end up looking pregnant, and in person I don't. It's weird.

Also I had a friend point out to me once that when my hair was down I looked much larger than with it up. That is one of the reasons I have short hair now (that and I look incredible with it short). But that's something to think about, I'm not sure if it applies to you, and it certainly doesn't sound like you need to lose weight to me, so just stay healthy and maybe change your style if it makes you feel better/look better to yourself.
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think that my problem is that I'm not selfconfident and I have a bad perception about me...

I hate what I see me in the mirrow...and all that thinks...well u suppose that is never enough
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 125 lbs? Fat?

... You should consider speaking with a therapist if you think you're fat.
  • joleenl
    Options
    I think that my problem is that I'm not selfconfident and I have a bad perception about me...

I hate what I see me in the mirrow...and all that thinks...well u suppose that is never enough

Yes this is me.

I need to lose weight though and it doesn't sound like you need to lose weight. I think you logically know that but seeing yourself in the mirror or pictures you have this poor self image of yourself. Maybe you need some counselling? In the meantime, try some positive affirmations. Look at yourself in the mirror for a few minutes once or twice a day. Really stare into your own eyes.... Do not allow negative thoughts in your head during this time. Think about the few things you do like about yourself.... And remind yourself while staring that you love yourself unconditionally. It may not even be true at first, but I promise if you did this everyday for a month... Your prospective of yourself will start to change. I tried it but I kept forgetting. It does work if you consistently do it.
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 125 lbs? Fat?

... You should consider speaking with a therapist if you think you're fat.

I have one... and I'm in treatment for that reason X_X.

Yesterday was only a bad day, today is a new one!
  • celinarae94
    celinarae94 Posts: 131
    Options
    I hate when that happens...
    I'm happy you're on a new leaf now.. but that feeling of going to look at photos from an event and seeing yourself and just wanting to cry.
    :flowerforyou: stay strong pretty lady! I know you're working on everything and so proud of you for that. I hope sooner than later you never have this problem again