Living on Takeaway

Options
Hi all.

I'm a student with a terrible diet.

When I lived at home with my momma 3 years ago, I was a healthy 11st 5lbs. I'm now in my third year of Uni and weigh a rather unhealthy 15st 3lbs. I can't remember the last time I cooked food, instead I eat out (like, all the time). It''s not that I don't like cooking, and I even bought a load of healthy food, which is sat in my fridge. I think I just have this obsession with junk food. It's getting to the stage now where my body is aching. I can feel the fat rolls on my back and stomach and it is becoming uncomfortable.
Does anybody have any tips on how to cut takeaway from your life? I know I should just STOP BUYING TAKE OUT, but it's almost become an uncontrollable habit... I'm a bit worried.

Advice?

Replies

• jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Could you try maybe cooking your own version of takeaway food? If you crave a Burger King make your own cheese burger and some fries. It's not totally healthy and depending on how much you eat, may not be great for losing weight, but it's probably healthier than a takeout, you can control the portion size and it might make you feel more ambitious in the kitchen? Can't think of much else to suggest really!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I'm a student with a terrible diet.

When I lived at home with my momma 3 years ago, I was a healthy 11st 5lbs. I'm now in my third year of Uni and weigh a rather unhealthy 15st 3lbs. I can't remember the last time I cooked food, instead I eat out (like, all the time). It''s not that I don't like cooking, and I even bought a load of healthy food, which is sat in my fridge. I think I just have this obsession with junk food. It's getting to the stage now where my body is aching. I can feel the fat rolls on my back and stomach and it is becoming uncomfortable.
    Does anybody have any tips on how to cut takeaway from your life? I know I should just STOP BUYING TAKE OUT, but it's almost become an uncontrollable habit... I'm a bit worried.

Advice?
    As a student, how on earth can you afford to live on takeaway??

Anyway, seriously... the only way to stop eating it is to stop buying it. You already know that, but there are no secrets to it. You have the facilities to cook, you know how to cook... just do it! You can still have takeaway from time to time and fit it into your goals, but the sooner you just bite the bullet and start choosing to do things differently, the sooner you'll start to feel better.
  • DannyFarrington
    Options
    I think after looking at some old photos of myself, I just kind of lost the plot and, despite being unhappy with my body and weight, I carried on eating the junk food with the terrible "I'll start my diet tomorrow" motto.
    I've set myself new targets and created a healthy eating plan. Also read a few articles about what is actually a lot healthier to order in restaurants and takeaways, so that will help in the future!
    Thanks for replying :happy: