Murphy's law....Working out while sick?

NYIceQueen
NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
So I'm totally sick now -- just a really bad chest cold I guess, but with my asthma...*ick* Have a low grade fever but nothing major.

So here's the question. I'm on P90x. I already took yesterday easy because I did just some light ballet.

When I danced, i used to dance through anything -- 104 degree fevers, cracked tailbone, shredded ankle, etc. But I'm older now, and I want to make sure I stick to this. So should I work out as heavy and just sleep it off tonight, or should I just do something light like walking to at least keep the body moving and then just pick up in a day or two when i feel better?

TIA.

Replies

• katie54321
    katie54321 Posts: 18
    no! no! no! no! no! if you work out hard while you are sick you will just make it worse! Do a little bit of light walking if you're up to it, but otherwise REST! the more rest you get the quicker you will recover! :)
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    It's just killing me because I just got started on the program, had lost 2 lbs as of yesterday morning already, and then this.

I mean I'm not like hugely sick, but I'm also exhausted (up almost 24 hrs yesterday, slept 4 and now I've been up working) so, yeah, I guess injury is a worry. But I really really want to stick to this program.

I may do the walking, but if not, I guess I could flip through the program booklet and see which DVD is the "lightest" impact and do that for as long as I can.

:sick:
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    I woke up full of cold this morning - snotty and sore throat etc but as soon as I had done my workout I was fine! But if you're really exhausted it might not be a good idea. If you feel upto it then go for it! But if not I'd have a light walk or something.

Hope you feel better soon!
    -x-x-
This discussion has been closed.