Has anyone tried Bistro MD?

Options
Hi, I posted this in another forum but didn't get any answers. I ordered it and wanted to know what to expect, and what to do about exercise. Thanks!

Replies

• wabloeme
    wabloeme Posts: 1
    Options
    I was on bistroMD for about four months about a year back, and occasionally still get a week's worth of meals every once in a while to keep in the freezer for emergencies when I can't cook healthy food. You'll definitely lose weight if you follow the program they give you, and if you exercise, your losses should be even greater.

One thing to note is that their customer service is great. If you have an issue with your program, or aren't losing weight, they will hook you up with a BMD dietitian who can make adjustments to your program to help you bust through the plateau.

Food is great, and the cost is really actually not bad when you consider the cost of being unhealthy. Hope this helps!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I personally would prefer to spend the money on healthy foods and learn to cook healthy meals.

What will you do when you no one pay to order their meals? If you haven't really learned much about eating healthy and cooking healthy you might be stuck.
  • wrinkledsheets
    wrinkledsheets Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've just started with BistroMD, but have done ediets and Seattle Sutton in the past.

Customer service is great and I spoke with a dietician about customizing my program to fit my cholesterol-lowering dietary requirements. She was able to set preferences from the back end so that I could get mostly vegetarian plates.

The box arrived on my porch on a Wednesday. Everything frozen. I donated the styrofoam cooler, box, and dry ice to our food bank. They said some of their smaller offices in rural locations need them.

Food is delicious. Cooking is so easy. All I had to do was sort the meals by day and put them away. Then I thaw overnight in fridge or just straight to microwave.

I see myself doing this for several months to lose the last of the weight toward my health goals. I do fine with maintenance, but cutting out the last few hundred calories to trigger weight loss seems to be the tough part--at least right now in this season of my life.