Vegetarian/Vegans? :)

Options
I'm a strict vegetarian (was Vegan for years, now have a little bit of dairy now and then) and was looking for anyone on the same journey as me! I'm going to keep my food dairy open to friends to further motivate me to not give in to my cravings, just started back here today! What's your story?

Replies

• samanthamurphy7
    samanthamurphy7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm new to this.

I became vegan about three weeks ago.

Finding it hard to find time to prepare good balanced meals and lunches with being back in work since Easter break!

Like I'm trying to eat whole foods and organic and that, so it takes a lot of preparation!

How about you?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan as is my wife feel free to add me if you wish
  • gia2384
    gia2384 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are vegans, I'll add you
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian since 1995! :smile:
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I just started eating vegetarian/vegan about 2 months ago, and I love it!!! I feel so much better. But I have also been working out.
    Add me, I have an open diary and am finding new and yummy recipes all the time.
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian :)
  • BeautifulMess20
    Options
    Woo! I've been a vegetarian for about a year now :)
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Hello. :)

I've been vegan for a little over 6 months. My transition was pretty easy because I was already eating a very reduced number of animal products. I can't say it helped with weight loss, but I attribute getting rid of dairy with a lot of positive physical changes (no more IBS, no more acne).

My diary is open. Also feel free to add me as a friend!
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a vegetarian as well and have an open diary. Feel free to add me.

:D
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    vegetarian since 2002.
    i do eggs and some dairy, but i rarely eat cheese anymore and i only do coconut milk instead of cows milk. tastes much better.
    meat is gross
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for almost 2 years. Feel free to add me too (open diary.)
  • TimeforPimms
    TimeforPimms Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here for...I've forgotten, I think a decade? I believe I switched over when I was 13, so it's been a long time! My husband is a veg too (not on MFP), and admittedly, he is the better one of the two of us when it comes to finding and cooking up new meat-free recipes.

Anyone here can feel free to add me :)
  • Fitgrl430
    Fitgrl430 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a vegetarian with dairy maybe once a day if that. I'd love more friends so anyone can add me :flowerforyou: Oh, I have an open diary too :smile:
  • ambertx90
    Options
    I'm a returning a vegan but have been a vegetarian for about 10 years. I'm doing it for the animals because I did really like the taste of meat but cravings have vanished and I find that meatless versions of common recipes are way better tasting and alot healthier.
  • darylewb
    darylewb Posts: 45
    Options
    Vegetarian here. :)
  • AsylumLynx
    Options
    I did vegan for 2 months but no matter how much spinach/beans etc I ate I couldnt keep my iron levels up (apart from that it felt great!). Hoping to try again soon but im so bad a preparing vegan meals (Im a terrible cook) so looking at other vegans food diaries would really help me xD.

Thanks for the motivation and for keeping your food diary open!
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    TwilightStar, I don't think you're the only one that has difficulty preparing a vegan meal.

I was actually just thinking about starting a thread on the food and nutrition board about it.
  • leoisillon
    leoisillon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mostly Vegan here. I have many digestive issues that kind of forced me to quit eating dairy...later I added the not eating meat component!
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheater! lol. My boyfriend and I do a lot of eating out, and they just don't always have a healthy veg option so I've added fish...making me a pescatarian. But, my diary is open, and I love encouraging and friends motivating me! Anyone feel free to add me.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian since I was 14 yrs old, and I'm 55 now, so what's that...41 yrs?! Geeze, I shouldn't have calculated that--feeling old! Yep, I was a vegetarian before it was more "mainstream"; people didn't know what you were talking about if you said you were, back then!! (You'd just get a lot of weird stares) It's so much easier nowadays to do it; especially with convenience foods & the availability of some health foods in regular grocery stores! I eat very little dairy, and am leaning towards veganism for the most part. Juicing, raw foods, essential oils, herbs, homeopathics, growing your own food, etc....I'm into all of that, and have been for a very, very long time! Glad to meet you!