How to drink more water

I'm having trouble getting enough water everyday..do good for awhile then fall off any suggestions from others would be greately appreciated...

Replies

• Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    I buy frozen fruit - esp strawberries, cut them up and add it to the water.
    I also will add flavor drops
    I like lemon
    I also find that when I put it in a measured cup, I am more motivated because I can see what I am drinking in ounces. For instance, my cup is 20 ounces and I know I have to drink 60 ounces so I know that I have to drink 3 per day.
    I dunno but goals help
    Aaand, I know that when I drink more, I eat less. This is also inspirational to me ;)
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Drink carbonated water. I much prefer it to still.

8 cups really isn't that hard, to be honest. Drink 500ml with lunch, 500 ml with dinner. Now, if you're working out as well during the day the rest kind of takes care of itself.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Just drink it...it's really not that hard...

22650317.jpg
  • jycrew
    jycrew Posts: 11 Member
    I usually add a bit of concentrated lemon juice and liquid stevia.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    I'm having trouble getting enough water everyday..do good for awhile then fall off any suggestions from others would be greately appreciated...

Well why was it you did good for awhile then stopped?
    Your body's way of thanking you is by craving more..At least this is my opinion.
    Just remember you can chug warm water, it goes down easier..Thats what I do.
  • jaf320
    jaf320 Posts: 33 Member
    I used to have sooo much trouble drinking nonflavored water (used to drink a lot of Crystal light/etc and a daily Diet Coke), but then due to a couple of factors (teeth whitening, suspecting that the above stuff was making me bloated) I just starting making myself drink H20. First I kind of chugged it at least several times during the day to make sure I was getting it and slowly I starting liking it more. Can't say I LOVE it now, but it's been really motivating to realize that my body kind of craves it now-I notice on days that I haven't had my usual water I start to notice that and thus crave it by mid afternoon.

Just keep trying to make it a habit and it will come!
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    I like to only drink out of juice glasses, they only hold 1 cup. I enjoy finishing things, so for me it's easier to have 8 small glasses. Everytime I go into the kitchen I drink a little glass. Some people really like water bottles, my husband for example. He won't get up for water, so he fills a huge bottle. I also like flavored water, slice up cucumber, ginger, mint, rosemary, basil, lemon, lime, any fruit and any combo you like. Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours and drink it! You can refill the pitcher a couple times until it starts to loose flavor or has been 3 days. Herbs are great for flavor and have added benefits. I also drink a glass before I eat ANYTHING. Once you start drinking more your body will crave it and you will want it. Start small, aim for one more glass tomorrow than you drank today. And so on. lol
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Are you asking me to teach you how to swallow? People charge for that, you know?
  • I like to sip on water throughout the day and sometimes I add lemon and stevia. Colder water is easier to drink and speeds up your metabolism :)
  • Awesome suggestions thanx
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    I've added a couple of slices of cucumber to my 32 oz. water bottle. I got that idea from another poster here on MFP and let me tell you, it's really helped me to increase my intake. I find myself drinking 2 or 3 of these bottles a day because it tastes refreshing to me.....thanks to whomever posted that, i forgot who it was!! :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I just keep a bottle with me at all times. E en when we go on road trips, we take a few bottles and every time we stop, we refill the empties. Just remember to taste the water first, if you are someplace new!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    I make bargains with myself, like I can't eat a meal until I drink 1 pint of water. I have 4 meals per day, so that equals 64 ounces. Or at least 48 ounces (I usually don't think about water before breakfast because I'm working on a big mug of coffee.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    *GULP*
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I wish I could help, but I don't see how this is even possible. I'm sorry. :sad:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    soup
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    *GULP*

mmmmmm yes.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Can't be a jerk anymore, starting to feel bad...

Adding lemon or lime to it might make it more palatable and therefore encourage you to drink more. Also, if you like tea you can drink that instead.

People are encouraged to NOT drink caloric beverages just because its a form of calories that tend to not be very filling/satiating and also not carry a lot nutrients. Mixing up protein smoothies and crazy juice concoctions is a little different story.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Do you have a cell? If so, you can put a DRINK WATER! reminder in it & have it go off every hour or two. When it does, do it!

If you drink other things make those things a reward for drinking X amount of water.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    i carry my water bottle around like a teddy bear :-) you can't not drink when its right there.....