Anyone read The Plan by Lyn-Genet Recitas?

Options
If you have, what do you think of this?

As quoted from Amazon's editor:
"Lyn-Genet Recitas reveals the surprising truth behind what actually makes people pack on the pounds. Carbs and portion sizes, it turns out, are not the problem. Foods that are revered by traditional weight loss programs, such as turkey, eggs, cauliflower, beans, and tomatoes, may be healthy in a vacuum, but when combined with each person's unique chemistry, they can cause a toxic reaction that triggers weight gain, premature aging, inflammation, and a host of health problems including constipation, migraines, joint pain, and depression."

Replies

• hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It is a lot of work preparing and cooking everything not to mention buying all the crazy things that aren't available at your local supermarket. I didn't enjoy how specific and precise you had to be about your water intake, when you drink it, and all the other variables that are at play that make it VERY difficult at times to determine what you are reactive to.

I dunno if I would recommend it, but you might have better success.

Also I thought the recipes were horrible--very general and I hated that she would say season to taste. How much is that exactly when I've never used these seasonings in my life.

Also if you do try it make sure you visit her website b/c there is a lot that should've been in the book that is good info but can only be found on her website.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    "they can cause a toxic reaction that triggers weight gain"

Sorry, that's a bunch of hokum. Weight gain simply cannot occur if you burn more calories than you take in. It's one of the central tenets of physics; it is simply impossible. Any book that contains such a claim in its pitch should be avoided as sensationalist.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,976 Member
    Options
    Inflammation is to be taken seriously, this book, not so much.

Bucket list addition: write a diet book.

Now this groundbreaking 20-day program helps readers finally unlock the mystery behind what does and does not work for their individual body. With detailed meal plans, recipes, and effective, personalized advice, you will discover how to:
    -Lose a half a pound a day while enjoying generous servings of foods you love
    -Identify your hidden trigger foods that are causing weight gain and inflammation, among other symptoms
    -Build a personalized healthy foods list that promotes rapid weight loss
    -Avoid feeling bloated, tired, or unhealthy again!
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am actually 12 days in, no calorie counting and great food! I'm down 9 pounds :smile:
  • GME66
    GME66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 4 days in and down 7.8 lbs. My sinuses are clear and I can breathe freely for the first time in months.

Calorie counting isn't part of the plan, but I have been entering what I eat anyway- 1900-2000 calories per day. If it was strictly calories in-calories out I would have needed a 27,000+ calorie deficit to lose that much. I was already low carbing, so I wasn't carrying a lot of water around.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    No, and after reading that bit of lunacy I won't exactly be seeking it out either.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am 4 days in and down 7.8 lbs. My sinuses are clear and I can breathe freely for the first time in months.

Calorie counting isn't part of the plan, but I have been entering what I eat anyway- 1900-2000 calories per day. If it was strictly calories in-calories out I would have needed a 27,000+ calorie deficit to lose that much. I was already low carbing, so I wasn't carrying a lot of water around.

Don't get over excited. Water weight can come from a lot of sources - typically matching glycogen stores. Moving to a calorie deficit means you drop water, whether you think you we're low-carbing or not.

It is as simple as calories in and calories out. Early losses are typical.