best shoes you ever had..

Options
I have heard all this talk about what shoes people do exercise in, and why your in pain, maybe you have the wrong shoes talk and it made me kinda curious. I used to have real bad shin splints and i always assumed it was because i was really out of shape or that it was just the 30 dollar pair of new balances that my dad bought because he was too cheap to buy me a really good pair of shoes i came to the conclusion it was both. I went to basic training and the drill sergeant picked your shoes "depending on your arch" i dont think he was really qualified to make that decision i think he just made us buy the stupidest looking pair of shoes. But anyways they turned out to be the best shoes ive ever owned and i for the life of me cant remember the name something with a z. So my question to you, what was the best pair of shoes you have ever owned and did price have anything to do with it? :)

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    It's more about how they make me feel than performance or price.
    2011-New-High-heels-women-sandals-pumps-evening-Sexy-shoes.jpg
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I like my mizunos for running. I never get shin splints!
  • JHarr454
    JHarr454 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I adore my Merrill barefoot shoes. It took some time to get used to them, but i love them.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I like my mizunos for running. I never get shin splints!

Me too, I'm on my 3rd pair. I love them! I will pay extra for god shoes.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    nike free runs +

I bought them because I had planter facitisis from other shoes I owned. I like them because they move naturally with my foot. I have not had foot problems or shin splints since. I will buy them again when they wear out. I also own nike flex tr which are similar. I use them for walking or other exercises. The free runs I save mostly for running.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

Please tell me you don't wear those with the shorts you're wearing in your profile picture.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    BTW, you can go to a specialty athletic shoe store and they should have qualified sales people that can fit you for a pair of shoes that will complement your foot shape and gait. That's how I found Mizunos.
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    LOL honey, I like to see you try to walk in those things!! They scream Backache!!!! :frown:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Oddly, Sketchers shape ups. They're the only shoes I've had with high enough arch support. I've used Asic and New balance, and they felt fine while working out, but I would have horrible foot and leg cramps all the time. (not related to shoes)

Sketchers have eliminated 99 percent of the cramping and pain.
  • Jenrosa28
    Jenrosa28 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Saurconys are the shizzznit, never had a problem with my long runs or my short sprints!! I recommend those!!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I miss my Kinvara 2s. The uppers on the original Kinvaras ripped out instantly, and the cushioning broke down too quickly. The Kinvara 3s have the hardest upper yet, so I'm pretty sure they won't rip out, but it's bruising my toes because it doesn't give the way either the 1s or 2s did.

The 2s, though--they were comfy from day one, and lasted nearly 500 miles before needing to be replaced. Light, low drop, just enough cushioning... They were also the first pair of running shoes I ever had where the women's version fit me better than the men's. Saucony gets it right, then immediately changes it.

Sigh.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Those Irish buckle shoes :P I'm JK
  • rishonb
    rishonb Posts: 232
    Options
    Omg my girl bought me a pair of them barefoot shoes I have yet to wear them....maybe next week i'am going to bring them out...but overall new balance has to be the most comfortable shoe to work out in... If you do alot of running like me you need shoes with great heel support...and I've been through so many shoes nothin supports like new balance...
  • LeenBess
    LeenBess Posts: 12
    Options
    Flip flops in every citrus color imaginable! SUMMER!!!!!!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The best shoes I've ever had are all the ones I got fitted for.

Previously, it was a pair of Brooks Ghost 5. Right now, I'm alternating between a pair of Newton Gravity and Mizuno Wave Rider 16s. I tend to stand on the outside edge of my foot, so I need a neutral running shoe to help correct that. I have a good midfoot strike, so the Gravitys are pretty fun to run in. The Brooks and Mizunos set me back about $100 each. The Newton's are normally $175, but I scored them on Ebay for $75. Each pair is worth every penny because I know that I'm wearing the right shoes for my feet.

I also have a pair of Chuck Taylor's for lifting - those were about $25 on sale. Also very worth it - they make good budget squat and deadlift shoes.
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Ryka. so great!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    For running shoes, I love my new balance (not a 30$ pair either...think they cost me 118$). They're starting to wear out and all I have are a pair of nike lunar glides that I hate...hoping I can sell em off so I can afford another pair of new balance.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    nike free runs +

I bought them because I had planter facitisis from other shoes I owned. I like them because they move naturally with my foot. I have not had foot problems or shin splints since. I will buy them again when they wear out. I also own nike flex tr which are similar. I use them for walking or other exercises. The free runs I save mostly for running.

I was debating getting these... Now that I know the pink power ranger (Kim, right?? lol) endorses them, I have made my decision to purchase :flowerforyou:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    My bare feet
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    for running I am in love with the Mizuno Musha's. I bought the 4th edition in pink and loved them so much that I just bought the identical pair on ebay in green (they don't sell them anymore in stores since they came out with the Mizuno Musha 5's). For regular gym stuff, like when I am weight training, I like to wear my Vibram 5 fingers.