Holiday weight gain

Options
Hi everyone,

I just came back from a week of skiing in France and man, after the cheese, the fondue and the general fatty living (plus my knee injury which prevented me from exercising it away), i've put on 1.6 kg!

that's like 3.5 pounds, right??? ARGH! THIS IS DEPRESSING!!!

And it's all in one week too! this is madness. why is my body so extreme?

The funny thing is that the weight is going in other places. For example, i had recently started wearing my belt at the last setting. It is still at the last setting despite the weight gain, so i don't feel THAT bad. also, my jeans are a little tighter, but not as tight as they were when i was this weight a month ago. so i guess even with the weight gain, i don't look that bad.

All of us expect weight gain during holidays, right?

Ah well... back to the grindstone.

Dawn

Replies

• dhcwong
    dhcwong Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just came back from a week of skiing in France and man, after the cheese, the fondue and the general fatty living (plus my knee injury which prevented me from exercising it away), i've put on 1.6 kg!

that's like 3.5 pounds, right??? ARGH! THIS IS DEPRESSING!!!

And it's all in one week too! this is madness. why is my body so extreme?

The funny thing is that the weight is going in other places. For example, i had recently started wearing my belt at the last setting. It is still at the last setting despite the weight gain, so i don't feel THAT bad. also, my jeans are a little tighter, but not as tight as they were when i was this weight a month ago. so i guess even with the weight gain, i don't look that bad.

All of us expect weight gain during holidays, right?

Ah well... back to the grindstone.

Dawn
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    I hear that! It's awful isn't it. I went on a trip around the UK last week to visit my family and with home cooking combined with service stations I feel soo fat right now I'm too scared to look on the scales! Aah!
  • vramage
    vramage Posts: 28
    Options
    i to have gained about the same with the easter holiday the kids and hubby was off and we mostly ate out etc its such a blow but make me more determind now to get on with seeing how easy it is to put it back on is scarry:noway:
  • dhcwong
    Options
    i don't understand! how come we can only lose 1 pound a week and put on 3 pounds so easily?

i thought the equation goes both ways?

ARGGHH..
  • dhcwong
    Options
    Oh yes!

I've lost the 3 pounds that i put on during my one week holiday! This was after one week of MFP - nothing drastic!

That means that my body is psycho and puts on and loses weight really quickly.

Anyone else with a body that behaves like mine?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

You better believe it....
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!

I've lost the 3 pounds that i put on during my one week holiday! This was after one week of MFP - nothing drastic!

That means that my body is psycho and puts on and loses weight really quickly.

I would also guess that that means a lot of the extra weight was water retention - lots of sodium on some of those foods you listed, plus the knee injury would have caused your knee to retain more fluid, plus flights, elevation, etc. Good job on getting back on track though and not just blowing off!! :happy: