PROTEIN SHAKES???

Options
2»

Replies

• MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    How did you "make" your shake? I've done just water and it wasn't what I'd call pleasant, but I got use to it. However, protein shake "recipes" ROCK! lol
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    I mix and match all sorts of yummy protein shake creations from keeping these things on hand:

Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, and cinnamon graham cracker protein powders
    Butterscotch and Cheesecake flavored sugar free, fat free, instant jello
    cocoa powder
    PB 2
    frozen bananas and assorted frozen berries.
  • amanda6564
    amanda6564 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How did you "make" your shake? I've done just water and it wasn't what I'd call pleasant, but I got use to it. However, protein shake "recipes" ROCK! lol

I have three different kinds; Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Strawberry (also have it in Vanilla) and Jullian Michaels Natural Whey Protein Triple Chocolate. It calls to mix one scoop with 1 cup of skim milk or water.
  • Mrsjaybob
    Mrsjaybob Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize. Cookies and cream is my favorite.

I usually do one of these recipes:
    1 scoop protein 1 cup skim or 1% milk
    1 teaspoon instant coffee
    Ice cubes

Or this one tastes like an Orange Julius.
    1 scoop protein
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup skim or 1% milk

Sometimes I add berries.
  • dclem2012
    dclem2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Advanced Vanilla Whey.

I mix with almond milk, coconut milk, or diet soda. My favorite are diet cream or diet orange, but rootbeer is also a fav.

Fruit and fat free vanilla yoghurt are added depending on what I have around the house.

I usually freeze my berries and yoghurt, so that I don't have to use ice..

For a special treat I add the coconut milk ice cream, periodically.

It actually took me a while to get to like the taste of the whey. But now, if I do too many days without on my body craves the taste. I guess it's all the vitamins...and my brain (if not my conscience) knows where they come from.

I've also sometime get Pure Protein Liquid. It comes in a small vial. About 1/4 cup. For a quick chug, I can get supercharge of protein.