TOM - Anyone feel different to the norm?

Options
Curious to know if many others find their weight to be light at TOM... I find im heavier mid-cycle with uncontrollable cravings. This seems to be quite the opposite to what I read on here!

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    It rarely affects me either way.

I do feel my mood shift, but food and weight wise, it doesn't seem to change much these days.

HOWEVER when I ate a lot of starchy carbs, it didn't do me any favours and I retained heaps of fluid and craved sugar even more. Reducing my overall sugar has made everything so much better.
  • brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Pre Tom heavy mid Tom lighter. Mid cycle heavy and bloated at ov time. Everybody different though
  • Msdirection
    Msdirection Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My weight always remains a bit higher than usual the days leading up to my TOM, then sharply drops the day I start. I'm on the pill, so I've been putting it down to the pill making me hang onto water while I'm on it, which I lose when I have my week off the actives. At least a lower weight gives me something to smile about while I'm on the rag!
  • minivegrunner
    Options
    I find that I'm a bit heavier a day or two before my TOM, but only slightly. Just water weight, I figure. I usually don't notice that it's gone until a day or so after my visitor leaves.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    My weight gain is mid-cycle during ovulation rather than during the 6-7 days of CSI blood testing.
  • lauren31085
    lauren31085 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For the last two months it's when I finally lose weight! It's strange, but the weight stays off afterwards, so I'm thrilled.
  • MakingApril
    MakingApril Posts: 178
    Options
    True fact: While being on TOM the avg female can gain up to 1-6 pounds due to water retention and bloating.

But if you keep up your habits, even with filling your cravings the weight stops bouncing around.