strength training and bust size (serious q):)

Options
Hey,

So I have finally decide to committ myself to strength training and toning. I was able to lose pounds so far by doing the insanity videos, crazy amounts of cardio, and eating a little more. I realize that while I would like to lose more weight I think what I really need to do is to tone and build muscle. I have read all of the threads and I realize that I can lift weights and still look feminine. However, I DO NOT want to lose ANY of my cup size. Is it possible to strength train and not mess with my cup size? Can I keep my cup size but lose the band size (34--> 32?) Also, if it is possible which exercises should I avoid?

Replies

• ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    If you're aiming to reduce body fat (which you probably will eating at a deficit and strength training), then it's possible that you will lose fat in the breast area. You can do chest exercises to make your chest muscles more defined, which can make your bust look better, but at the end of the day, it's fat so it may be reduced. I have lost almost a cup size with my nearly 45lb loss. I've also lost band size.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    If you find a way to keep your cup size, then power to you! I went from a 40 D to a 36 B or small C!
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You can't control where you lose fat. If the fat wants to come from your boobs, it's going to come from your boobs. There's really nothing you can do about it. You CAN strengthen those muscles to help them be a little perkier--incline presses, bench press, dumbbell flys, etc. That's about it.
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    If you find a secret share lol. I went from a 40D to a 34A :(
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    There is no way to prevent loss of breast tissue when you are losing body fat all over... you cannot spot reduce. Unfortunately you will have to decide what is more important, breasts or lower body fat and more muscle.... you can always get a Breast augmentation ;)