New Journey/New start

Options
Hey all.

I've been off and of the weight wagon for some years now where my highest size was a 22 and I am now a 16. I know what I need to do but I don't think I do, ya know. I've been trying to find a good work out program/routine to get involved in without getting bored. I'm a member of a gym with 24/7 access.

My main question is how long is too long to workout on machines like the elliptical, stair master, bike or the treadmill. I've been told no more than 15 minutes each but I don't feel like it works and I usually do about 35-45 minutes about 3-4 days a week. Am I pushing myself to hard?

Any advise is helpful.

Thanks!

Replies

• Vielkay
    Vielkay Posts: 2
    Options
    I've never been a fan of treadmills and ellipticals, I have always loved free weights. If you can get a trainer at your gym to teach you proper form for some of the basic workouts, arms and legs, I would recommend you try that instead. Besides weights, nutrition is also key, and depending on the kind of person you are I would recommend: weight watchers (if you need support) or the 17 day diet (if you can motivate yourself best) to loose a significant number of pounds and kick off your weight loss faster! Oh and keep using MFP to log your foods and exercise daily! Good luck!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Our gym sets a 30 minute limit on the elliptical and treadmills. I think it's mostly to keep people from monopolizing them though.
  • baja572
    baja572 Posts: 94
    Options
    Do you feel like you are pushing too hard. If not, than why do less. If you feel good about it..you know your body better than anyone.