i have HBS and i need encouragement

Options
normally i do really well with regular exercise and healthy eating. but, once a month, i start getting what i call HBS. that stands for Hungry B**** Syndrome. you can probably imagine what it's like, and you may suffer from something similar yourself... anyways, so the last few days i've been so lazy (not getting up in the morning to exercise) and i just want to eat pretty much everything in sight. i do well at being disciplined in the morning for breakfast and while i am at work. i make good snacks and lunch, plus i always find good, healthy recipes to make for dinner when i get home. the main problem is when i am at home, waiting for my husband to get back from work. of course, i'm hungry from a long day of sitting on my butt, so i'm snacking a bit. next thing you know, i've eaten way more than i should have. and dinner is in the works. so then i feel guilty about what i am eating.
i've been trying really hard to not be so stuck on specific numbers (especially calories) and focus more on macros + just good, healthy food and activity. i've also been trying really hard to not get down on myself over eating peanut butter m&m cookies and things like that when my period is just a few days away. i love cooking, baking, and eating, and trying new things in all of these areas/. i also love exercising. i'm just feeling so lazy and hungry and *****y lately. i get tired of preaching to myself of how tomorrow is a new day, blah blah blah. it would be great to get a little encouragement from some of the awesome MFP people out there...

Replies

• tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    seriously? no one?
  • happyjacdolan
    happyjacdolan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel like almost everyday of my life is like this for me...almost. I ate a taco in bed when I got home today, it was a low point.
  • happyjacdolan
    happyjacdolan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There also needs to be balance though. You need to allow yourself peanut butter m&m cookies sometimes. Don't beat yourself up about it.
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Could you be having a major sugar drop? In high school, I would totally feel this way, and we have some sugar tests done. I was showing alot of the signs of hypoglycemia. I would also check your vit D and your iron. I was anemic for 4 years and it played with my energy, food desires, and emotions.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Let me guess it's that week before your period??? I think there are a tun of women that go through this, myself included. This month went really well for me do in part to starting about 4 days early. I have the tendence toward eating anything that isn't nailed down. With all good intentions I start out with a healthy snack like sliced apples with natural peanut butter. But that doesn't quite cut it on those days. So maybe just a taste of something sweet and then its all over for me. No you aren't the only one!