Jillian Michaels VS Shaun T?

Options
In my opinion, I would vote for Shaun. I don't feel ready to try Insanity yet, but I did just try his Rockin' Body DVD and I had so much more fun than I have with Jillian's. He's so energetic, he glowed positivity lol. I got just as good of a burn and wasn't nearly as bored as I was with 30 Day Shred.
What do you think?

Replies

• Angela_BB40
    Angela_BB40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love them both. Right now I'm doing Jillian's Kettle bell workout and following it up with Hip Hop Abs.
  • sorryfrench
    sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @angelabarnett - nice! :smile:
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    They're both completely different.
    I have Hip Hop Abs & Insanity from Shaun T, currently doing HHA and LOVING it :D
    Then I'll move onto Insanity!
    I have done Jillian for probably a year now and love her too!
    I Have Killer Buns & Thighs, Ripped in 30, No More Trouble Zones, 6 Week 6 Pack, I think that's it.

I will admit I had had enough of Jillian and wanted someone else to inspire me, So I chose Shaun T.
    Can't wait to do Insanity, I'm seeing awesome results from HHA and I've only done it for 2 weeks.

But in conclusion,
    I love'em both! :)
    You can't really compare them.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I like them both but Shaun T is hotter ;)
  • champagndrea
    champagndrea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love them both!!
    I'm not a big fan of JM's 3-2-1 system, but her videos No More Trouble Zones, Boost Metabolism and Killer Abs are pretty great.
    NMTZ is a 45 strength workout ... you will be so sore after! and BM is 45 of cardio. it was a great precursor to Insanity!

I'm doing Insanity now and I love love love Shaun T!
    JIllian Michaels motivates me a lot too though. I still do NMTZ once or twice a week to get my Jillian fix haha
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I love Jillians systems she uses in her workouts. After finishing 30 Day Shred I debated between Insanity and Body Revolution and didn't feel like I was ready for Insanity yet. I love Body Revolution, so deft not regretting my choice. For the first time in my life I am noticing muscles in arms/shoulders
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Shaun T, easily ... I just feel like he's more challenging and I like the style of the workouts and the moves themselves. This is kind of silly but I usually feel like a bada$$ after his workouts ... Like I went to boot camp with a bunch of strong men and outdid them bada$$. Ridiculous I know .. but yeah. Hahaha =)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have only done 1 day of 30DS once, but i love jillian on biggest loser.... but then i am doing insanity at the moment, and i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE shaun t!
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    love Jillian Michaels- I find her to be more motivating because i'm 5'3" and she is 5'2" so as I work out I tell myself "that is the type of figure I CAN have"

even if I don't get as fit as her, it gives me motivation to see someone around my stats looking so good.
  • drewshottgirl
    drewshottgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer Shaun T. I love insanity, way more of a workout than any JM workout I've done. Not that I wouldn't love to work out with her in person!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I think Shaun is an absolute nut lol. I love both, though. 30DS is so much easier than Insanity, so I'm doing that right now in addition to weight lifting because I feel like I'd kill myself doing Insanity AND weights.

Love both of their stuff :)
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Shaun T <3
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am doing Hip Hop Abs right now and moving to the 30DS in two weeks. I am not sure who I like better, it will be based on the results. :o) Though with Jillian I mute her and have my own music going.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of both. Jillian is really motivating but the 30 Day Shred bored me (I did complete it though, lost 11 lbs and 5inches overall). I really listen to her when she says keep moving, don't stop, etc. I have just started Insanity (day 8) and I really like Shaun T too, he encourages you to push but says know your limits, rest when you have to but don't stop moving,watch your form, drink water, etc. Insanity gives me WAYYY more of a workout than any Jillian M DVD ever has though. I thought I was dying on day 1 of the shred, uh, no nothing compared to the Fit Test in Insanity!