The Last Fifteen Pounds

Options
Hi, my name is Jessie and I am 20 years old. I am an actress and for a job I've been asked to lose fifteen pounds by July 1st. The role I'm playing is a dancer.

I currently weigh 120 pounds and want to weigh 105, since I am only 4'11 that's actually still within the healthy range for my size.

My question is, how do you lose that last fifteen pounds. I've lost 20 over the course of the last year and a half (going from 140 to 120) relatively easily but now I just seem to stuck.

Any advice?

Replies

• Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    you're going to need a calorie deficit of like 750/day which is around 1.5 lbs/week

Not going to be easy considering you're only at 120 now and your BMR is probably 1200-1300 calories.
  • iamluce
    iamluce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    you're going to need a calorie deficit of like 750/day which is around 1.5 lbs/week

Not going to be easy considering you're only at 120 now and your BMR is probably 1200-1300 calories.

why would she need a 750 deficit though? pushing it to lose 1.5 lbs weekly is quite a bad idea when you haven't got much to lose. it'd be better to sick to a smaller deficit and aiming for 0.5 lbs/week instead!!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

why would she need a 750 deficit though? pushing it to lose 1.5 lbs weekly is quite a bad idea when you haven't got much to lose. it'd be better to sick to a smaller deficit and aiming for 0.5 lbs/week instead!!

He was saying that cause she 'needs' to lose it by July and I don't think their are 30 weeks to July ( and that's with losing every week which we all know doesn't happen)
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    There are 13 weeks until the 1st week of July if I am counting correctly, which isn't a given. Go ahead count the weeks it won't hurt my feelings. But, if you have 13 weeks to lose 15 lbs you only need a 450 calorie or so deficit. Which means you will most likely need to literally work your butt off, because it's really really hard to cut that from a 1200 calorie allowance and very unhealthy as well. So, I would say eat the 1200 and put in as much aerobics and lifting as needed to burn those calories.
  • jessggrant
    Options
    I just bought Insanity to add to my current programme. I go to the gym 4 days a week for 45 minutes and to the pool 2 days a week for 1 hour, I've been doing this for two months and still I haven't been seeing much for results so I'm hoping adding Insanity in will do the trick.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    how closely are you calculating your calorie intake? Do you weigh all your food on a scale?

It's not going to be easy. You really need to be bang on with all of your intake and expenditure estimates
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You could eat around 800 calories on workout days and then just eat back exercise calories! (It's an extremely low calorie diet but that's how to lose 15 lbs in 13 weeks..)