Can someone please explain...how many calories

Options
I am so confused....MFP has my calories set to 1200, I finally figured out what BMR is and how to calculate it and it said 1219, I workout and burn 500-625 calories a day. But I am at a loss...should I be eating 1200, 1219 or 1200+my calories I workout, 1219+my workouts or something else?

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    That's a really low BMR. What are your stats if you don't mind?
  • GnomeQueen84
    GnomeQueen84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1200 + your workout.

I eat 1400 + my workout.

It automatically adds that in for you.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    try 1200 + half or two-thirds your workout calories. see how that goes for a month or so. you could also calculate your TDEE and subtract 15-20% and *not* eat your workout calories. it's your choice. the latter may be a little slower weight loss. both are still generally healthy given you are eating at/above your BMR.
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am at a maintain level finally but my stats are 5'3 and 119
  • ZooQueen80
    Options
    You should be able to have the 1200 plus what you burn from your workouts. I would try half your workout calories to see how that works for you. Good luck!
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    Www.fat2fitradio.com it's pretty spot on tell u how many calories for workout days and lazy day. Play around with the website. I quit losing then ate a little more and started losing agai
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    If you're maintaining you need to eat at your TDEE to maintain your current weight. From the calculation I just did:

BMR: 1312
    Sedentary TDEE: 1582
    Lightly Active: 1812
    Moderately Active: 2043
    Very Active: 2274
    Extremely Active: 2504
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    1200 + your workout.

I eat 1400 + my workout.

It automatically adds that in for you.
    yes it does . Don't be afraid to eat a lot of them back. Ur body needs nutrients
  • yourbodychange
    Options
    You're staying on track Anne! Try to keep at around 1,300 daily on the days that you workout! You are getting youf RDA of protein and other good nutrients... Well done!

Life an be tough and every day is a battle especially with dealing with life's challenges... but hang in there... Contine to stay positive and focused... Understand the Law of Attraction....positive forces only to e sent out to the universe! You will see life in a different light...