Devices to track calories burned

Options
I have been thinking about getting a bodybugg for awhile and now I am reading all about fitbit and hrm's and I am totally confused. Can someone tell me what would be the best for determining how many calories I burn so I can more accurately calcuate my daily intake of calories?

Replies

• haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    A HRM, I use a Polar FT4, its really nice, comfortable, and HRMs are the most accurate. I was going to get a FitBit but decided if Im gonna spend the money, I might as well get the best thing. They are around 100$ in stores but I got mine off Amazon for 64.99
  • Rgtjax85
    Rgtjax85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I use a heartrate monitor and love it. The chest strap takes getting use to. There are some models that are just the watch with no HRM. I burned 1000 plus calories today. Glad I had the HRM to record it so I could eat more. I use a Timex but there are many great companies.,
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have a bodymedia core armband, its like the bodybugg but I guess the "newer" model. I LOVE IT!! wait till they come out with then new one this August, it will be 100% waterproof and have a built in heart monitor. I am going to get it when it comes out and just keep the other for whatever. But I recommend the bodybugg as it keeps track of EVERYTHING, like sleep, exercise and food deficit.. I would have got an HRM, but it does none of those things :)
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    A HRM, I use a Polar FT4, its really nice, comfortable, and HRMs are the most accurate. I was going to get a FitBit but decided if Im gonna spend the money, I might as well get the best thing. They are around 100$ in stores but I got mine off Amazon for 64.99

Ditto, I have a Polar FT4 too :)
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Ditto, I have a Polar FT4 too :)

It is also waterproof up to 30 Meters which is plenty, for me at least. I was burning so many more calories than I thought and from what all my other apps and mfp was saying.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have a bodymedia core armband, its like the bodybugg but I guess the "newer" model. I LOVE IT!! wait till they come out with then new one this August, it will be 100% waterproof and have a built in heart monitor. I am going to get it when it comes out and just keep the other for whatever. But I recommend the bodybugg as it keeps track of EVERYTHING, like sleep, exercise and food deficit.. I would have got an HRM, but it does none of those things :)

Bodybugg doesn't link to,MFP but Bodymediafit does. The hardware is the same but the website it links too, is different b
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Is it for just exercise or for all day. If just cardio e ercise than a HRM is ok. If for all day' I'd recommend a BMF.

Take a look,at this too:

http://www.getgrok.com/2013/01/a-comparative-review-28-days-with-the-fitbit-one-jawbone-up-nike-fuelband-and-bodymedia-link/