Finish time vs clock time?

Options
Does anyone know what the difference in a 5k "finish time" vs "clock time"? It wasn't a chipped run so I am not sure what my time was since they list both on the results..

Replies

• drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'd guess finish time = the amount of time it took you to get from start to finish; clock time = the exact time of the day you got in.
    Just a guess, though!
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    What is kinda weird about it is that the "finish" and "clock" time for every participant is 10 minutes apart exactly.

Which time would you use?
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Since it wasn't chipped it seems kinda odd.

Clock time is usually the time you cross the finish according to actual clock they use. Sometimes when a race starts if you are in the back it can take awhile to get to the start line so it can end up being more time than you ran. For example my 1/2 starts at 8:05 but due to 100 people in my way I don't technically start until 8:10, there will be 5 more mins in the clock than when I actually ran.

Chip or finish time is the time you personally or your chip on your bib has you step on the start and then step on the finish. This is the time most go by.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you :)

I am pretty sure that they don't have the finish time correct for me since I half ran/walked it but if they do, I did a 5k in 37:47 :)
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a decent time for a 5k - no reason to think it might be wrong. Well done :smile: