My Fitness Journey

Options
So excited I figured out this picture posting stuff.:)

Okay, so my world found MFP in May 2012, but I didn't really pay much attention to eating and dieting at that time. I just knew I had to lose weight, and I was so depressed about my appearance, but I kept eating and eating. Then I signed up for a half marathon that was to take place on Novemeber 2012. So, in August 2012, I began training with a running group, and so I opened up MFP app again. The 3 months of training and eating right (w/MFP) I dropped 30lbs. I have occassionally used MFP since my half marathon run in Nov 2012. However, I didn't have much motivation to keep me going. I was feeling alone all over again. Then, I fell into that Holiday Food Coma and never woke up! Recently I've felt the weight creep back on, and before you know it, I had gained 10lbs back. I have recently got back on with MFP for the past week, lost 5lbs, and going to do my best to stick with it. I remember having this photo taken of me Spring of 2012 and saw how much weight I had gained, but I still wouldn't do anything about losing it. My weight ballooned to 204lbs, and I couldn't believe it. During my 3 months of training and MFP addict, I lost 30lbs! I am at 176lbs today.....told ya I gained a few pounds back, but I will continue on my journey in reaching my goal of 145-155lbs. I never really read any blogs or message boards on MFP until tonight. The stories are soo amazing and inspiring. It just gives me more amo to continue on with my journey, and to push hard when life's challenges try to bring me down again. Thanks to all the successful stories on hear, and the response of other MFP, this just might be the extra push I need!

th_d95373a8-a8ed-41ae-897c-59be653d6def_zps8af30898.jpg?t=1366357018

th_12151389-59d7-42d9-b155-f7d9eda7749d_zps9ccbb416.jpg?t=1366356946

Replies

• deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You are doing great and I think most of us can identify with your story. The yoyo thing does finally get old and it does finally kick in. The hard part to me is not the losing of the weight, it is the keeping it off part. So I vowed this time to not give up. I reached my goal earlier this week and I will just have to stay with MFP to keep myself honest and motivated. Friends here inspire me to push beyond my comfort zone and try new things.

You can do this, you are worth the effort it takes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!