Adding weights to cardio?

Options
mazdauk
mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
Hi all! I've just got myself some wrist weights for my toning (because I was fed up with the water bottles AND they were half price - live a bargain!) but I have a couple of questions:

I log toning (curls, crunches etc.) as "calisthenics - light to moderate effort" - does adding the weights push it to vigorous? (I do the highest level of all the excercises, but its only a Rosemary Conely DVD, nothing manic!)

If I wear them during the cardio workouts, would that raise it from aerobics - general to aerobics - vigorous?

If I add them to a routine described as "moderate fat-burning with toning for..." does that increase the effort?

Finally, I found them a little stiff to wrap around (but I do have small wrists) - will they soften up? Just wondered if I need to cushion them a bit with sweatbands or something.

Thanks!

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    IMO I don't think it would be described as vigorous.

If you physically can't breathe, dry throat, heart pumping, and have to take a 5-10 minute break for fear of dying.

That's vigorous.
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Or get a Heart Rate Monitor and you can create your own exercise on MFP and log it that way....that's what I do.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Or get a Heart Rate Monitor and you can create your own exercise on MFP and log it that way....that's what I do.

^^^ Agreed. Saves you from a lot of guesstimating.