INSANITY, how soon for results?

Options
shivles
shivles Posts: 468 Member
Those who have done the program how far in were you when you noticed a difference in your body?

Replies

• strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    For me it wasn't like I finished and then BAM - I had an amazing body! What I found improved most for me was my endurance which was great because I like to run.
    The main difference physically was my legs - after all that jump training, I gained a respectable amount of muscle in my thighs and just above my knees.

It's so cardio intensive though that you can actually expect to gain a little as your body will be retaining water. Add in a bit of weight training and you will see differences in your body quicker. Try Shaun T's upper body weight training which comes with insanity deluxe and do it 1-2 a week.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    My 2 week fit test showed massive improvements and my 3 week photos did too even though I'd only lost 1lb.

I'm just on my second recovery week (various reasons I haven't just had one) and will take pics again at the end of my first week of month 2 but I can see and feel myself my arms have firmed up a lot.

I would like to see the scales start moving soon though!
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thank you Strawberrygas for the helpful info. I am thinking about getting the Insanity program and now I know what to look for.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It really differs for people. A lot I know lost at least a couple lbs starting their first week. Although it took me 2&1/2 weeks before I lost anything, there was a noticeable difference in my body before the 1st week even ended, which I was stoked about. I got through the 1st month good, 5lb loss but measurement improvements. Family emergency detoured me from going into month 2. I'm doing it again almost daily (month 1 workouts) for the next week or 2 before I try going into month 2.
    Even though the workouts are hard, I love them because I really do feel & notice a difference, & things can only get better from here.
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    First round - I noticed a significant change in my back on some pictures I took on Day 22, I believe it was. Don't really remember how I felt at the end or anything else ... It was like 3 years ago.

Current round - I'm technically 3 weeks in, though I'm still doing week 2 schedule (missed a few days & restarted the week) and I notice a huge difference in stamina, I feel muscles pretty much everywhere, I've lost 10.5" total, and I don't have a starting weight from day 1 (April 1st) so I'm not sure on weight loss. As of 3/22 I weighed 210 and as of 4/15 I weigh 204 .. so not sure how much of that came from Insanity.

Either way, I think I just got lucky. A lot of people don't notice changes until month 2 so if you're not seeing results yet, don't get discouraged. Just keep going & finish the program. =)
  • ElenakiFra
    ElenakiFra Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I see allready a small diference and am finishing week 2.
  • abbotini
    abbotini Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm on day 18 and not really noticed any difference in measurements and weight so far. My fitness is improving tho!

Though I've just started a thread in the food section because I think It's likely I'm undereating.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Interesting, thanks for replies!

I was asking because people have commented already that I look slimmer, my OH said my stomach is already looking much better and I have to say I agree. Maybe it's just the workouts improved my posture or all the emphasis on holding the core is carrying over into day to day life. I don't know but I'm only on day 6 so was wondering if anyone else saw results fairly quickly, possibly its the diet change too.
  • verzanie
    verzanie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    first couple of weeks I put on weight but lost inches..in total I only lost around 6 lbs I think but massive amount of inches (down 2 sizes). very toned and a lot of stamina. got big muscles on my tummy and obliques and lost back fat as well as bum getting more toned! Thinking of doing round 2 but at the moment doing hybrid with turbo fire as need a break from that intensity