Insanity - Eating too little?

Options
Hi all.

I'm 28, weigh 248lb (a lot i know) and am trying to lose weight. Am eating healthily, although I need to increase my intake of veg (broccoli, Spinach, onions and peppers will be introduced!).

Currently I am not losing weight, nor am I noticing significant shape change. I have been doing insanity for 3 weeks now.

The nutrition guide from insanity suggests I eat 3120 calories to lose weight and that my basal metabolic rate is 2336. As 3000 calories seemed very high, I decided to try aiming for 2000, as I have lost weight eating this much in the past (without insanity).

Is it likely that I need to boost my calorie intake to somewhere between 2336 and 3120 to get better result? It seems strange to me that I could be undereating, but if someone could help me here I would really appreciate it.

Also, though I'm heavy, I really struggle to eat much more than 2500 calories without eating junk! I get to approx 2000 with my general daily meals, and feel as though im forcing myself to eat if I have more. So would appreciate help on how to get 2600-2800 calories in a healthy way also.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stu