EASY, HEALTHY WRAP & SURPRISINGLY TASTY!!!

Kristin♥Ashli
Kristin♥Ashli Posts: 18
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Alright everyone, I actually "made up" this recipe from going by Dr. Oz's Weekly Meal Plan. He had a wrap on there but with no meat and I decided to substitute black beans with CANNED CHICKEN IN WATER. So here is the recipe...YOU SHOULD DEFINATELY TRY IT BECAUSE IT IS ONLY 235 CALORIES!!!! (This has become my favorite thing to make lately)

SERVING SIZE = 3

1 Whole Wheat Tortilla
1 Can of Chicken in Water, drained
1/8 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
1/4 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp. Pace Chunky Salsa
1/8 cup Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Tomatoes, chopped
Lettuce, shredded
Creole Seasoning (or Season All)
Salt & Pepper to Taste

1. Drain water from chicken and put in small skillet on medium heat. Season with Creole Seasoning and stir. Add onion, bell pepper, salsa, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until veggies are sauteed, about 4-5 minutes.

2. Place SERVING SIZE (about 1/3 of mixture) of chicken mixture into a tortilla. Top with 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and desired amount of lettuce and tomato.

AND THAT'S IT!! Quick & Easy, and pretty tasty for "HEALTHY FOOD". And remember, you can play with the ingredients also! Change up the veggies, put different seasoning, and you could actually include black beans if you wanted to.........ENJOY! =)

Replies

• kclark7
    kclark7 Posts: 2
    Thank you for the recipe. I will definitely try this recipe. What did you name it in the food database so that when I do try it I can track it? Once again, thanks for the recipe.
  • Thank you for the recipe. I will definitely try this recipe. What did you name it in the food database so that when I do try it I can track it? Once again, thanks for the recipe.

Well, it has a more personal name, but I named it Kristin's Low Calorie Taco Wrap. Let me know how it turns out, it really is good for something as healthy as it is! =)
This discussion has been closed.