whats high in protien but mabe low in cals? any suggestions?

kalebsmama07
kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
whats high in protein but mabe low in cals? any suggestions?

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,003 Member
    Egg whites
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    tuna fish, trying to think of others but PB keeps coming to mind and though it's great protein it's not really low in fat/cals.

hm, I'll keep thinking. lol
  • PJilly
    Chicken breast and turkey breast are good ones too.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Low Fat Cottage Cheese!!!!
  • Thaedra
    Thaedra Posts: 52
    Dried beans! I just posted some interesting info about pinto beans under the title "Just a reminder..." You can find good nutritional data on them under "Thae's homemade pinto beans" in the food database. :happy:
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    greek yogurt
  • PJilly
    Good one! I always forget about cottage cheese, and it's so good!!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,277 Member

yes, very yummy! even yummier with fresh fruit like peaches, pinapples or strawberries!
  • PJilly

yes, very yummy! even yummier with fresh fruit like peaches, pinapples or strawberries!
    Or applesauce. Or, you can call me crazy if you like, with ketchup! :tongue:
  • Trader Joe's jerky - different flavors, and you can get beef, turkey or buffalo! It's 70 calories per ounce - no MSG & no nitrates, which is a big plus IMO.
  • I use Spirutein unsweetend vanilla non-GMO soy protein to make a shake which I make with about a 1/2 cup of almond milk (makes it rich and creamy) with a 1/2 cup of water. 1/2 banana and then a handful of berries or half a peach... whatever I am in the mood for and have on hand. The whole shake comes out to about 175 calories and is very satisfying...

Quinoa is a grain that his high in protein but pretty bland so you need to mix it with something. It can be mixed with honey and raisins for breakfast. I mix it with cilantro, onions, black beans, and some tomatillo salsa for a mexican flair. Its also good with artichokes, roasted red peppers and either feta or grated parmesan cheese.

Of course, turkey and chicken and some fish are also great sources of protein. For lunchmeats I prefer Applegate farms a little more expensive but organic, no nitrates or fillers. I roll them up with a piece of cheese for a quick snack or have two for lunch with some baby carrots or fruit. Simple, quick, easy, and not bad ....
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Take a leaf of lettuce, or how ever many you want, put a serving of turkey breast on that, some prouts and tomato and sprinkle it with balsamic vinegar. Roll it up and eat it like a burrito.
This discussion has been closed.