Needing Motivational Friends..

Options
Hi everyone,

I joined MFP yesterday and don't have anyone to help motivate me. I'm 19 and at University, but my housemates and a lot of my friends are all generally blessed with having fast metabolisms so eat whatever they want! So whilst they're around me eating massive plates of food containing chips and greasy foods and I'm there eating grilled chicken and salads! :(

I'm trying to lose just under 50lbs. I lost 22 already but put a few cheeky lbs back on when I went on an all inclusive holiday, so now I've lost 16 with 48 to go!

I'd love to read weight loss blogs, see pictures and diet logs as well as offer motivation, encouragement and support - and hopefully have some friends on here that will do the same! Anyone???

Replies

• DonnaCW
    DonnaCW Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I NEED HELP TOO! We have a slight age difference, but I don't think that matters a bit! Let's help each other! :happy:
  • tilagarza
    tilagarza Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi, welcome! You can add me if you'd like. I also have 50lbs to loose.
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for the same thing :)
  • lazergirl21
    Options
    Hi there I would be happy to help motivate you - I actually posted something similar myself yesterday about needing diet buddies and had a great response, but even in one day it has helped enormously to hear other people's stories and know they are there for support.

So feel free to friend me, and I'll help you where I can :-)
  • flyawayrach
    flyawayrach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I NEED HELP TOO! We have a slight age difference, but I don't think that matters a bit! Let's help each other! :happy:

Oh don't worry, I'm not phased by an age difference! As I see it, weight loss is weight loss - wanting to change your image and be healthy for the better shouldn't have an age restriction on it! :)
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me anyone, been a member for ages but am in a total slump could use more friends on here to make me pay attention!
  • flyawayrach
    Options
    It's great to have such a network of people looking for the same thing - I've added everyone who has posted, hopefully we can all help one another (add each other too) :)
  • flyawayrach
    Options
    :smile: Hi, welcome! You can add me if you'd like. I also have 50lbs to loose.

P.S. I love your ticker haha!
  • acoons1990
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I was in a similar situation with my weight loss, I was living at University and my 3 apartment-mates ate whatever they wanted, but I pushed through it :) I'd love to encourage you as you do the same thing! You've got this!! The results are SO worth it :)