Starting Couch-2-5k today - anyone else

Options
I am going to start couch-2-5k today, if anyone would like to join in and support eachother that would be awesome!

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    good luck on your new journey...stick at it and amazing things will happen :-)
  • Sftballshorty14
    Options
    I will do it with you!!!!
  • NewMomNewME24
    NewMomNewME24 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started it then stopped --- I will get back on it with you!
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Monday, cant do the 3 days a week so it will be a longer program for me :(
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I was thinking I was going to start again, I dropped it awhile back but I really need to get back into it. No time like the present! :)
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Love it!!
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I hope you REALLY enjoy it!.... I promise 5Ks can be addictive :) the second race when you see yourself improving even minor improvements from the first race is when you get hooked..
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am completing Week 4 tomorrow! It's a great program. Just remember to trust the program -- if you start looking ahead and saying, "There's no way...." then there will be NO WAY! Trust that the program works and you'll be running in no time! I am amazed already that I am running 5 minutes without gasping and hurting after only 4 weeks... Best of luck :smile:
  • kc_anon
    kc_anon Posts: 6
    Options
    starting may :) would start now, but have an intense exam schedule over next 2/3 weeks right now.
  • When is 5k
  • bipsqueen
    bipsqueen Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Love that app! Enjoy!
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    C25k grad here. I just wanted to say good for you! It's a great program, just take it slow and you'll be running 5k's before you know it.
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    I am hopefully finishing week 4 today. I was able to do day w4d2 on Wednesday, so I know I can do it again today. There is a group here on mfp for c25k-ers which I found helpfull and inspirational. I would suggest signing up for a 5K now for around your completion date, it gives you a goal. I am signed up for one in June and an obstacle one in July. It helps knowing I have to push through to reach my goals and I left enough time between when I "should" end my program and the races so I could repeat a coule of weeks if needed. And if I don't need to repeat weeks, then I have time to get stronger and try to improve my time.

Go slow and listen to your body, but know that your body is most likely stronger than you think. The best advice I took from the c25k board was that my mind would give up before my body would. I pushed through a tough spot and they were right.

Good luck.
  • newtro0925
    newtro0925 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am in. Good luck to all training.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I've added you that said you'd like to do it and for everyone who said good luck, thanks!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to jack the thread, but I would love some more friends who are doing c25k, also-please add if you 'd like! Thanks, kindasortachewy!!!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My almost 10year old and I are going to start soon. If it ever stops raining and warms up in the mid-west.
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'll join! (Er-well, I was starting today anyway, and I already did it.. But details!) Did anyone else find it surprisingly easy?
  • mkoff32
    mkoff32 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing C25K. I just finished week 5. I'm loving it. Good luck to you!
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 5 day 2... but yes the first 3 weeks I found pretty easy, week four kicked my butt but I pushed through and so far week 5 has been great! We'll see how day 3 goes on Monday, I'm a little worried about that one... I used the easier runs to work on increasing my pace so that as they get tougher I can maintain a better pace. If it's too easy push harder! Before I started, I was doing minimal running (15min or less at a time) and struggling around 5.3mph, now a slow pace for me is 6.0mph :smile: Good luck!