Anyone into intermittent fasting?

Options
Hey there!

I am new to the forums and would love to have some intermittent fasting peeps, but everyone is welcome to add me as a friend!

Replies

• Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I've been doing IF for about 2 months and I'm ready to quit- it's part of why I've signed up to the site as an alternative. I don't have too many problems with the fasting part, which is part of why I decided to give it a go, but it's more like an event diet- suitable for shedding some weight quickly, but you plateau very early on. Once you stop losing weight, the motivation to continue the fasts just evaporates.
  • NoirDancer
    Options
    I agree with the plateau issue...what did you move on to after you stalled?
  • Lori0534
    Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    How exactly do you do intermittent fasting? I want to lose some weight QUICKLY!!!
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mior1fX88w1r0htyno1_500.gif
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    How exactly do you do intermittent fasting? I want to lose some weight QUICKLY!!!

Basically you eat all your calories in a set time period and that's it for the whole day... So say you have 1500 kcal to eat ... You fit it all in between 3-8pm and have nothing but water and the odd coffee throughout the other hours... Your going to have to have a very committed goal and strong mind to attain this strictness though! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Basically you eat all your calories in a set time period and that's it for the whole day... So say you have 1500 kcal to eat ... You fit it all in between 3-8pm and have nothing but water and the odd coffee throughout the other hours... Your going to have to have a very committed goal and strong mind to attain this strictness though! Good luck :flowerforyou:

Well said. It does become easier the longer you stick to it though.

@Lori: IF is a lifestyle, not a weight loss diet. It won't necessarily get you to your goals any faster.
  • NoirDancer
    Options

I'm not so sure if it will help you lose quickly, but it will certainly help you quickly get control of your eating habits, which in a roundabout way could lead to faster weight loss.