Future and Past brides

Options
2»

Replies

• acollins04
    acollins04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in August 2013 and I am down 10lbs. I have no specific goal in mind by the big day but less that what I am right now would be fabulous!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Still hate the ***** who told me during the reception that people with back fat shouldn't wear strapless dressses. It still made me self-conscious enough that is all I saw in the photos.

I cannot believe someone would say that to you! Was it your hubby's ex or something?!?
  • activities_girl
    Options
    I am an October 2013 bride and am also in the midst of major weight loss. I am 56lbs down and have ~65 to go. That being said, I bought my dress (seen in photo) because I loved it. it is a snug size 16 (I am down from a tight size 20). I maybe should have waited to buy the dress, however, the store said it does exchange unaltered gowns for size at least 3 months prior to wedding date. currently my dress needs no alterations. I could still lose some in my belly down and in my arms without it being too big. I plan to stop losing weight and just maintain and tone at the end of July. If I need to exchange for size, I will still have time. I will also have time if I need to alter.

41676370.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • KatRounds
    KatRounds Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you and congrats on the progress you have made!

I would like to share something with you that has nothing to do with losing the weight but it changed my whole perspective for my wedding photos. I would love for you to read it. Have tissues handy :-)

http://myfriendteresablog.com/so-youre-feeling-too-fat-to-be-photographed/

PS...I just got married on Feb 22, 2013 and I never worried about the cameras. I was way too busy basking in my day <3
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    Ah! I'm getting married in August and I CANNOT afford to drastically alter my dress if I lose too much weight.. I think I can afford to lose a little before my fitting, but I'm hoping I won't need to have it taken in..
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    Have your bridemaids sew you into your dress (that's what the stars do at the Oscars) , so you won't have to worry about pulling it up or down.

Enjoy your day! :flowerforyou:
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well, I had lost about 20 pounds since I ordered the dress and the alterations were super expensive and the dress didn't look as good on me as when I was fat. But, it is nice to have thinner pictures of me.
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I got married in a hot air balloon in a pair of jeans with nobody but my pilot and my husband. No stress, just the way I like it :)

That is AMAZING!