SNACKS AT WORK

Options
Schula03
Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
Ok I am a huge snack person. In fact sometimes I snack instead of meals. (all healthy and well rounded of course) LOL Anyway I would like to know of any great low calorie snacks that I could eat at my my desk pretty regulary that are healthy, not noisy, not smelly!!!!

Thank YOU

Replies

• jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I keep 100 calorie granola bars and oranges at my desk. The granola bars are filling and the oranges always smell great! I use to keep lite popcorn too.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    String cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, already cut up fruit and veggies, and lara bars are some of my favorites. (I sit by a break room and fridge I don't keep this stuff in my desk.)
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    almonds, small cans of flavoured tuna, protein bars, 100 cal packaged snacks....oh, and some chocolate for emergency purposes :bigsmile:
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    I get those 90 calorie granola bars. we have a fridge so I also have apple sauce and fruit.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I have Craisins, 100 calorie packs, lots and lots of tea, Chewy granola bars, and some natural fruit snacks. In the fridge, since we have a kitchen on my floor in the office, I keep apple slices usually. It's enough for avoiding the vending machine. I also drink constantly from my water bottle.
  • petersparty6
    Options
    I work all day at a desk too and I love the Special K Crackers. The multi-grain ones taste sweet like a graham cracker. Before I leave for work in the morning, I count out the suggested serving size (17 crackers - 90 calories - 0 sat. fat) into a ziplock bag. That way I don't have the whole box to grab handfuls of and I don't have to worry about eating more than I should. When the bag is empty I know I'm done. Good luck to you! :happy:

877066.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    I find that is the best way to snack...measure it out and keep the box hidden!! ;)
  • danikay73
    danikay73 Posts: 2
    Options
    I get almonds at Costco (great price) and eat them raw or I toast them myself so I know they don't have a bunch of junk added to them. I keep a baggy full of them at my desk, along with light popcorn they are way under 100 calories for the whole bag. You may have to shop for a good one (I really like Albertson's brand) I also bring carrots and what ever fruit I have at the moment. And for a special treat when I'm craving chocolate, I keep packets of hot chocolate as my desk. They can be filling, give you a chocolate fix and they have low calorie options. Swiss Miss has sugar free (60 calories) and diet (25 calories). Good luck in your journey.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Aren't almonds a little high to have as a snack? Dry roasted 1 ounce = 170 calories. I am asking, not judging. :smile:

I like sliced:

veggie spear (carrotes, celery, cucumbers, zucchini, etc) 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese.
    or
    Apple slices and microwaved Peanut butter (1 TBSP)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Aren't almonds a little high to have as a snack? Dry roasted 1 ounce = 170 calories. I am asking, not judging. :smile:

Almonds (& other nuts) are high in calories, but those are HEALTHY calories. And pretty filling, too, because of the protein.

A lot of times I just have a tablespoon of natural peanut butter as a snack. :tongue:
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    FWIW - next time you shop - go down th ecookie and snack aisle. I usually avoided it - but found a good way to navigate through it. Check each and every box of something that looks good. You may be surprised at how many options you can find for 90 calories or less. I find if I can keep snacks 90 - 100 calories they help get me through my day. You can also find new & exciting "treats" you may not have thought possible!
    "Healthy" is one own's perspective - so I will not state brand specific names.
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I keep 100 calorie snacks, fruit & hard sugar free candy in my desk.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Here are a few items I buy to help with eating MORE but LESS

1. Sandwich Thins http://www.arnoldbread.com/thins/
    2. Bagel Thins http://www.arnoldbread.com/thins/
    3. Egg beaters http://www.eggbeaters.com/recipes/index.jsp
    4. Kraft Mayo/Hellmann's LITE- 45/35 calories vs 90 Calories per serving and you won't notice the difference
    5. 100 Calorie Snacks- Popcorn, Chips, Cookies,Crackers and Nuts
    6. Fiber One Bars
    7. Light string cheese, deli meat, a pickle slice, mustard & cheese roll up
    8. Sabra Hummus Grab to GO
    9. Crystal Lite when you get tired of water
    10. Kraft Singles 2% Milk
    12. GREEK Yogurt over Regular Yogurt (Greek is higher in protein, less in sugar and TASTES BETTER it's CREAMY YUM-MO)
    12. Smart Balance LITE Butter http://smartbalance.com/OmegaBundleLight.aspx
    13. Here is a tip I learned on the Oprah show a few years back; get a lunch bag or box and put ALL of the foods
    you are going to eat that day in Zip-lock bags or containers (make sure to count your calories) carry it with you to work
    and eat away... You can eat without the GUILT because you know you are eating your daily caloric intake for the day. When
    your lunch bag is empty YOU'RE DONE! All that is left is DINNER when you get home.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum
    crackers
    Dark Chocolate nibs (1 calorie each)
    oatmeal packets
    apple sauce
    emergen C pink lemonade
    1 liter water bottle
    Triple ginger snaps
    green tea
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    For right now, I've got almonds, apples and oranges and light string cheese. :) Also PB for my green apples.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    My mom is a registered dietician and she gave me this idea:

I buy frozen fruits (strawberries, mangoes, pineapple, dark sweet cherries, blueberries blackberries, raspberries) and put them in a tuperware container. I put them in the fridge at work, not the freezer. By the time I'm ready to snack on them, they're still slightly frozen but thawed enough to eat them like little popsicle bites!