FREE WEIGHTS!!!

ntsmomma1
ntsmomma1 Posts: 35 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
soo at this point in time i dont have the money to join a gym or buy weights so i was feeling pretty bummed out..but just then i heard a giggle coming from the baby monitor and it hit me...FREE WEIGHTS!!!! I have a 1 year old who weights 28 pounds and a 2 yr old who weights 30 pounds ((they will loose lots in the summer))....Then it hit me, I dont need weights i can lift my girls up so they "fly" and work out my arms...push up motiviation is up then down for a giggle kiss then repeat....so If you are like me and dont have weights or a way to the gym but have kids....just remember, play time with your kids is a weight workout!!

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Ya',,, my daughter weighs about 140, my son probably 240. I'm using real weights,,, :laugh:

Whatever works for you. Cans of veggies make good girly-weights too. Try Jillian's 30 day shred with 2 cans of peaches,,, it'll rock ya.

Welcome,
  • jody1974
    jody1974 Posts: 4
    I do the same also. I have a 3yr old girl who is 40lbs and a 14 month old girl who is 18 lbs. Sometimes my girls want to be carried at the same time. So my oldest is in my right arm and my baby is in the left and off we go for a short walk. Sometimes it is just down the hall; but it makes then happy to be carried at the same time. Also did I mention that I only weigh 97lbs myself.
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    yeah that's a great fun way for weight workout :) I use full 1.5 bottles since we have those in the house all of the time :)
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Ya',,, my daughter weighs about 140, my son probably 240. I'm using real weights,,, :laugh:

Whatever works for you. Cans of veggies make good girly-weights too. Try Jillian's 30 day shred with 2 cans of peaches,,, it'll rock ya.

Welcome,

girly-weights haha
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    Yeah, I thought girly weights was funny too. :laugh: Water bottles are good 'girly weights' too. Lol
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    You could use laundry detergent jugs also, or gallons of water. Also, resistance bands are AMAZING...pretty cheap and you can do soo much with them. Invest in one!! Get a long, medium one.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    No disrespect meant, none at all. I have girly weights, I love my girly weights.

When I'm weight training I load up 2 sets up dumbs, one pair at 50 lbs each for curls/flies/rows/cleans - and another pair at 20lbs each for deltoid raises, oblique twists, stuff like that. Those are manly weights.

But when I'm circuit training with Jillian I pick up my girly weights. 5 lbs for some stuff, 8 pounds for others. They kick my butt. Girls are strong in a different way, and I have a lot of respect for those 2 B&%*'es behind Jillian that pump out rep rep rep rep rep,,,, I can't do it.
  • I got a 43 lb 4 year old, and a 23 lb 2 year old. Free Weights!! I was bench pressing my baby girl earlier this week ... lol! She was giggling.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    No disrespect meant, none at all. I have girly weights, I love my girly weights.

When I'm weight training I load up 2 sets up dumbs, one pair at 50 lbs each for curls/flies/rows/cleans - and another pair at 20lbs each for deltoid raises, oblique twists, stuff like that. Those are manly weights.

But when I'm circuit training with Jillian I pick up my girly weights. 5 lbs for some stuff, 8 pounds for others. They kick my butt. Girls are strong in a different way, and I have a lot of respect for those 2 B&%*'es behind Jillian that pump out rep rep rep rep rep,,,, I can't do it.
    I like my girly 20lb dumb bells and my girly 35 pound kettle bell!:wink: None of those stinkin' 5 lbs weights for me! Try doing the shred with 15lb weights, that will really rock you!
  • ntsmomma1
    ntsmomma1 Posts: 35 Member
    I am trying to talk my fiance into getting me a kettle ball for my wedding present but so far no luck lol so for the moment i use the HUGE sams club size things of detergent...hopefully next week we will be going to join the gym which will rock for my mommy only time lol....yea i have heard great things about the different workout things Jillian has, are they expensive?
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    I am trying to talk my fiance into getting me a kettle ball for my wedding present but so far no luck lol so for the moment i use the HUGE sams club size things of detergent...hopefully next week we will be going to join the gym which will rock for my mommy only time lol....yea i have heard great things about the different workout things Jillian has, are they expensive?

I have 3 Jillian DVD's. I got them at Wal-mart for $9 each.
This discussion has been closed.