I 'only' lost 1lb this week

Options
'I worked so hard, I exercised every day, and I only lost 1lb!' How many people have heard or said this? I see it a lot on here, and even more among friends and colleagues.

This is what 1lb of fat looks like. There is no 'only' about 1lb. Any loss is a step in the right direction. :smile:

1lb-fat-mug_zpscc4d1d72.jpg

images1_zps4d8b8fd2.jpg

tumblr_m5bihc2HTf1qiujqbo1_500_zpsde42c708.jpg

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this for everyone to see!
  • gublercullen
    Options
    Wow, that puts it into perspective, must admit I am one of those people that moan about only losing 1-2lbs a week, don't think I'll go on about it as much after seeing this!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! i hate when people complain about this.. besides the fact that healthy weight loss is between 1-2lbs/week
  • AshNoel85
    AshNoel85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I needed to see this!! Thank you!! It really does put it in perspective!!!
  • clive560
    clive560 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG that looks so bad. All that fat and more hanging around my body!
  • Seraphemz
    Seraphemz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It happenes to me a lot. I have lost inches though..so what I tell myself is that im turning it into muscle..
  • dolphingirl1096
    dolphingirl1096 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I read that, I really needed that today.. Thank you
  • Boobarella2
    Options
    I lost 1lb last week and I was stoaked! Any loss is good I think ^^, plus yeah that looks gross lol.
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, taking a good hard look at the photo, you become
    more aware of what losing one pound can do. I barely manage to lose
    a pound here and there and I'm going to stop mentally complaining.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I love this!

I remember awhile back someone on this forum (sorry, don't remember who) posted that she was complaining to her husband that she "only lost 10 lb." So he went and got two 5 lb bags of flour from the pantry and handed them to her. He said, "Here, walk around with these for awhile and then tell me if you still feel like you 'only' lost 10 lb." It was a good reminder for me. Every pound is a victory!
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I needed to see that. I AM one of those people.
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Healthy weight loss is slow and consistent.. anything else risks your health...you are right .. its not "only" a pound.. its WHOOO HOOO I lost a POUND!!!.. I celebrate every ounce that gets me closer to goal.. everybody should!
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This is SO helpful. Thank you for posting this :)
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    motivating--thanks for sharing..this is exactly what I've lost so far....and I feel good about it as it is a step in the right direction.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    'I worked so hard, I exercised every day, and I only lost 1lb!' How many people have heard or said this? I see it a lot on here, and even more among friends and colleagues.

This is what 1lb of fat looks like. There is no 'only' about 1lb. Any loss is a step in the right direction. :smile:

images1_zps4d8b8fd2.jpg

Yup...not to mention 1 Lb per week is very safe and healthy weight loss. Generally speaking, most people need to have much more realistic expectations and understand that when you lose more than 1-2 Lbs that it's really mostly water which is irrelevant...you want to lose the fat.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    One of the smartest things I have read on here all day.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options

images1_zps4d8b8fd2.jpg

My goal is five pounds a month, and five of those is a lot!!!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

My goal is five pounds a month, and five of those is a lot!!!

It is. Want to see what 5lb of fat looks like?

image_zps36dae453.jpg
  • KellyOnlySmaller
    KellyOnlySmaller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is fantastically enlightening! Thank you for sharing this! :D