This may make things a bit easier....

Options
I've been seeing some posts lately complaining that MFP is un-useable due to all of the inaccurate/duplicate food entries. Well, that's just laziness, double check your *kitten* according to the food label. BUT, I just wanted to throw this out there in case any of you didn't already realize it. It makes things SO much easier. I found out a few months ago and it's been great.

So let's say I had chicken for dinner one night and logged it into the "dinner" category of my diary. o0o, I have yummy leftovers, I will be reheating this joint for lunch the next day! So the next day comes, and I'm gonna have this leftover chicken for LUNCH, but it does not show up in my food history, unless I type it into my "dinner" category, which is where it was originally logged. It would be nice to have ALL your food history pop up in every single category of the diary, because leftovers are the bomb and I eat them at all different times of the day. Welllll, there is an option for that on the phone app (iPhone, I'm not sure about Android).

Go to More>Settings, then turn ON the option for "Show All Meals For Favorite Lists." This will allow all foods that you've ever entered through the phone app to pop up, even if you're logging it in a category that's different from where you originally logged it.

Replies

• rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What I usually do is when I go to log the leftovers from dinner for lunch, I copy yesterdays menu for dinner then change the catagory from dinner to lunch. It is a little time consuming but its better than recreating another menu.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that does help! It always drove me crazy that the app wouldn't find foods I'd had recently because I'd eaten them in a different meal. Didn't realize there was a setting for it.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Good to know!
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    How did I not know about this earlier?!

Thank you!
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for sharing!
  • dani8982
    dani8982 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There's also the recent tab, and the option to change to all meals right at the top there once you've chosen which meal to add to. I see it on both my mobile app and the website. :)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    There's also the recent tab, and the option to change to all meals right at the top there once you've chosen which meal to add to. I see it on both my mobile app and the website. :)

oo cool, I will check that out too!