Diet Bet... anyone?

Options
I just joined a game on Diet Bet for the first time. If you're randomly interested in joining in a really large game (the pot is currently over $11,000, and I'm estimating it'll hit $15,000 by the time it starts on Monday), go here and this is the actual game:
http://bit.ly/10lJpdw

Anyway, this is the first time I've done something like this. Have any of you done it before? If so, what were your experiences?

For those of you who don't know what it is, here's the gist:

1. You pay a "bet" into the pot where everyone pays the same bet. For this game, the bet is $25.

2. On day one (it's a four week bet), you weigh in by sending very specific photos of you on the scale, which is sent to a referee who verifies their authenticity. They are kept private.

3. Over the course of four weeks, you work your booty off to lose 4% of your starting weight. So basically, if you weigh 200 lbs. at the time of weigh in, you attempt to lose 8 lbs.

4. On the 28th day of the bet, everyone in the game weighs in. Everyone who has lost 4% of their starting weight splits the winnings pot. As long as you lose the weight required, you win your money back automatically. It's credited to your Diet Bet account, and then if you want, you can re-invest it or you can have it credited to your PayPal account.

I've been in a rut for months. I haven't gained weight, but i haven't lost any either. I'd been looking for motivation and i thought this seemed like JUST the key. A little healthy competition? Sure, sign me up.

What have your experiences been with Diet Bet?

Also, if anyone decides to join in that game, feel free to send me a friend request here. We can motivate each other! :)