Excuse me... there's a rock in my food.

Options
amykluver
amykluver Posts: 184 Member
Uh... I am eating a smart ones at my desk in my office when I crunch down on something hard. I spit it out to find a pebble. A 4mm x 3mm pebble (not quite 1/4 inch x 1/8 inch). And yes - I measured it. LOL. I'm not so much disgusted as I am appauled. How the hell does a rock get into a frozen meal???

I DID call the Smart Ones/Heinz North America customer services number on the box and they were apologetic, and they took some info and want me to mail it into them. They are sending me a postage paid envelope and coupons for "free" products to try to make it up to me

So - I'm wondering what strange things have you found in your food? And what happened when/if you addressed it?

Replies

• jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I asked them to box up my leftovers. The waitress took my plate back to the kitchen to box it up. I have no idea what happened while my meal was back there, but the next day when I went to eat my leftovers, I found glass in it! I suspect while it was back there, someone broke a glass, and fragments somehow got into my meal. There was no glass in the meal while I was eating at the restaurant. I did call them and they were also apologetic and offered me a free meal.
  • Chrisgriff32
    Chrisgriff32 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago I was eating baked fish at Olive Garden. I bit down on something really hard. I pulled a metal twist tie (like a bread bag tie) out of my mouth! I told the waiter and he immediately went to management. They were very apologetic and gave me my entire meal for free! Glad I didn't swallow it!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I found a piece of glass in a can of tuna once.

But I've got much better stories about food that I find in weird places.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My mom once found a smushed, dried out frog stuck to the stem end of a head of cabbage or cauliflower, lol. She mailed it to the company and they sent her a bunch of coupons.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I bit into a blueberry muffin and crunched right into a big ol' fly that was baked right into it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, somehow, my mom cooked spinach that was from a bag and we started eating it and it was full of bees and hair. I'm still confused.

One time my mother was eating chicken fingers and there was a giant cockroach that had been battered and fried.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, somehow, my mom cooked spinach that was from a bag and we started eating it and it was full of bees and hair. I'm still confused.

One time my mother was eating chicken fingers and there was a giant cockroach that had been battered and fried.

I. Would. Die.
  • onezeronine
    onezeronine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I found a huge grasshopper in my bagged salad as a kid. I was about eight or nine, and the bug was as big as half my hand.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Years ago there was a long legged spider frozen into a packette of icing that came with Toaster Strudels. I too called the company and they sent me a bunch of coupons for free products.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 288
    Options
    There are things in food all the time most people just don't notice them. Also people eat rocks every day guess what it is called salt.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend found maggots in a sealed bag of cereal.

Although they were in his spoon and not the bag (which he'd just opened) by the time he found them.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I found a piece of glass in a can of tuna once.

But I've got much better stories about food that I find in weird places.

A regular comedian, aren't you! LOL
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    :noway: I'm never buying anything again. lol
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options

LMAO! this made my day!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I found an animal claw in a frozen burrito years ago. Didn't eat burritos again for... well, years. Never again will buy that brand. Similarly, and strangely coincidental, I also found an animal claw in a Chipotle burrito once.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    One time I had chicken fingers at Chili's and there was a dead fly in my food. I didn't complain though, I just stopped eating there!

I also have stories of LACK of food. One time my mom got a cheeseburger at McDonald's. There was lettuce cheese, everything a normal burger would have. But no meat.

Had the same thing happen at Wendy's. When she went up to the counter to complain, some random guy started yelling "WHERE'S THE BEEF?" Haha
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    there was going to be a photo of rock biter here, but i fail at the internet.
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Had an omelet in a cafe back when I was in Denver with little rat hairs in it. They apologized, but didn't give me a free anything. Never went back there.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    This thread is seriously helping me control cravings- thanks! lol
    Once i found a HUGE spider in a bunch of grapes. (it was dead)

Oh and the cockroach story above.... I think I would develop an eating disorder from that one had it happened to me! :barf:
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I went out to a fancy restaurant for our anniversary in the winter and he got a steak dish. He took a bite of his steak and discovered a very sharp piece of bamboo skewer stuck in it. We prodded the rest of his steak and found about 5 more and alerted the waitress. She apologized and said she'd tell the chef. That was it. No free dessert, drinks, meal or anything. We didn't want to make a big scene so we didn't bring it up again... but I think they handled it a bit poorly.