Does anyone do the same thing?

Options
Every time i add my food i always add extra calories to ensure i don't go over....is that just me being paranoid?

Replies

• angiehall509
    Options
    Hell no I enjoy every last calorie...hahahahaha...but good job to you...and no you are not being paranoid you are being smart.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    um im not adding no extra calor ies- mine are recorded to a tee. and im eating something for every calorie- LOL
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Just log what you eat.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Actually , that's a good strategy... it's beneficial to you! I do the same thing routinely!!
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    why do you even track your food if you are just going add extra calories ?
    I dont get it
  • Emixxx27
    Emixxx27 Posts: 7
    Options
    That is such a smart idea....not paranoid at all.....good on ya :wink:
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I definitely do that on something I have to estimate or kind find an exact match for it. If I am without my scale or measuring devices, I will always overestimate to ensure I don't go over.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Just log what you eat.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, no.

Never thought about that.

But, hey if it works for ya, do it!
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    Yes this is when i usually do it, for meals that my wife prepares she does all the math to figure it out for us and i add like 20-50 extra calories just to be sure cause maybee i have a little more meat then her or a larger salad etc.
    I definitely do that on something I have to estimate or kind find an exact match for it. If I am without my scale or measuring devices, I will always overestimate to ensure I don't go over.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    If I'm not sure of how many calories is in something I try to over estimate a little...but tricking yourself into eating less than what you should be is kind of... probably not a good habit to get into :s I try to stay honest with myself and accountable.

I get your logic behind it, though..
  • kliermann
    Options
    Thanks and i think its working...lost 3 lbs this week not hungry at all until bedtime which its the biggest struggle of my life to not eat something haha
    If I'm not sure of how many calories is in something I try to over estimate a little...but tricking yourself into eating less than what you should be is kind of... probably not a good habit to get into :s I try to stay honest with myself and accountable.

I get your logic behind it, though..
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bed time is my biggest struggle area too, I'm not necessarily hungry I just always want to eat, lol, so you're not alone there! :]
  • kliermann
    Options
    well im glad its not just me :P
    Bed time is my biggest struggle area too, I'm not necessarily hungry I just always want to eat, lol, so you're not alone there! :]
  • missshadowlovely
    missshadowlovely Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Count nutrients, not calories.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Just log what you eat.

^^ this ^^
  • TheCassMeow
    Options
    If I'm not sure exactly how much I ate of something, I tend to overestimate just a bit in order to make sure I don't go over calories. This normally happens when I am eating out at a restaurant or am at a party. If I know exactly how much I ate, or if it is easy to find the calories on the food counter, then I don't add extra.
  • SupernovaLeon
    Options
    Yes! I always over estimate my food and under estimate my exercise.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've been doing that since I started 8 months ago! it's helping me. I rather log a little more than I eat than less...... just to be safe!

When I log my exercise, I put in lower than I actually burned. it works for me, I guess....
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    No I don't. But I also don't log pushing a shopping cart through the store, washing the dishes, or sweeping the floor. It all averages out. Good luck to you.