Daily sugar intake

Options
Heyy, I only have 24g of sugar a day and i find it really hard to keep within my limit. Does anyone know if its going to affect my weight loss if i go over my limit, what should i be counting, calories, carbs etc?

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I go over all the time. If you are diabetic or insulin resistant then you should cut back, but if not then I really wouldn't worry about it. Unless it's all from candy...sugar is sugar, but maybe there are some smarter choices than candy! :D
  • FluffyMcNutter
    Options
    MFP can't tell the difference between added sugar and naturally occurring sugar. Don't worry about going over if you're getting your sugar from natural sources (mostly fruit), unless you have a medical reason to track it.

A lot of us just take sugar off the diary because it isn't all that helpful. I switched mine out with Fiber.

Count calories first. Then, keep track of your macros and choose a ratio that you can sustain long-term. Some people think the ratio isn't all that important as long as you hit specific amounts of certain macros. For example, a lot of people try to get 1g of protein per lb of LBM. Some people try to keep their carbs under some specific value. Play around with it and try different things and see what is sustainable in the long term for you.