Best whey protein?

Options
I already know Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein is like the most popular around. But I'm new to trying whey protein because I hear it's the most fast acting protein to get into your muscle before and after your workout. Which whey protein brand would you guys suggest as a good starter? thanks.

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    the best stuff I've ever used is called IsoFlex from Allmax. Tons of flavors, mixes well and nice and smooth
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using "Dymatize Nutrition - Whey & Casein Elite Gourmet Vanilla Creme Protein" (that's what's recorded in the MFP database when I scanned the label).

The NUMBER ONE thing I can recommend is to get a good "whey isolate". It's 99% actualy protein and not filler they put into regular whey powders.

I'd also try to stay away from combo powders that you aren't sure of yet and then tailor around what you might want in the future.
  • ashleystaz
    Options
    Bio-x - great quality protein, tastes amazing on its own, and mixes well!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I love Perfect Isopure - 50 grams of protein and 6 grams of carb - 220 calories (I add peanut butter to the chocolate one and I love it).