Filling Food Diary ahead of time

Options

Replies

• amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do that too. Or if I am not sure if I can eat something without screwing up or going over my calories.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i start my workout at 4am,, i log it all, and that makes me do it all faithfully,,
    it works,,, do it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I do this a lot through the work week. I can always go back & make changes, delete and/or add things when my plans change. It helps me to plan things out well. Also, it keeps me on track sometimes if I know I'm going out to a restaurant. Last week there was one day I logged my Mexican restaurant meal ahead of time and it helped me remember not to finish a couple of sides, and not to have any chips or salsa...in order to cut down on sodium and be able to indulge in the little scoop of spoonbread.
  • k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Options
    I usually do it the night before. I'm actually thinking of what I have to do tomorrow and when/what I have to time to eat
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I do mine for the week! It is the only way I stay on track. It also helps me to plan out my grocery list.
  • ragingpanda
    Options
    I pre-package a lot of my meals on sunday so I can fill out most of my breakfast and lunchs for the week, It gives me a good idea how much I can/should eat for post-workout/dinner/snacks
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same breakfast every morning so I pre-log that. But I like to log all my meals before I eat them so that I know how many calories I have to play around with for snacks. Two of my favorite quotes regarding planning:

“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” - Benjamin Franklin

"A goal without a plan is just a wish.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I will pre-fill parts of my diary ahead of time.

I think the more you can plan ahead, the more likely you are to stay within your calorie goals. I don't think it's weird, I think it's wise.
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I almost always plan ahead for my day - especially during the week. Mind you, breakfast & lunch are typically the same during the work week and dinner is usually the same 2 nights in a row (only 2 people eating = leftovers!). I think it's a great idea to plan ahead - if it works for you, keep doing it!

^^^^ This... I find this is less stressful for me and easier to stick to.... :smile:
  • iDYG
    iDYG Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I try to always plan ahead although it sometimes doesn't work but I think it's great for motivation.
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    I log usually that morning at least breakfast, my mid morning snack and lunch then later before i leave work i log dinner.. it's seems to be working better for me this way. Waiting at the end of the night I usually forget something and end up going over..
  • CharitaC
    CharitaC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just decided to start doing this yesterday and immediately I could see the benefit of planning ahead.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I think this is quite normal! I hope! You can then always adjust it later , if things change!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I fill out mine in the morning for the whole day, including snacks. That way I can try to get my numbers all in line. At the end of the day I go in there and change any changes I have had or take off anything i didn't eat. It works good for me because I know ahead of time what I am going to eat.
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I roughly fill my food diary a week in advance. This helps me to plan food shopping through the week as I know what I'm having for meals! It's helped me save money as well as keep on track!!
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    No, I think it's awesome and keeps me on track. I love being able to tweak it to get my macros the way I want. The only thing is to make sure to go back later and edit anything that you ended up changing or your calorie & macros will be off.
    Works the same for me.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I also log my exercise ahead of time. To me, that means I've made the commitment to do it and I better do it. If it's already written down, I refuse to have to delete it. So it ensures that I actually get it done.
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do this everyday so I can see where I am on my macros and helps me plan what to eat at dinner.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I fill up to a week in advance, sometimes more if I know I will be going out for a meal or something. It helps me to plan. Obviously everything can be changed and amended but I like having a plan :)
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all, I do it every morning and it keeps me from going over my calorie goal.