Woo-hoo, go hubby!

Options
mamax5
mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
I am so proud of my hubby! He is on the treadmill right now and is still going strong...he's been there for about 20 minutes! His blood sugar is down to around 180. Yes still high, but much better than 400 it was averaging. He's eating much better and I feel like we are in this weight loss thing together. This is so awesome! I am so excited!.....the only down side is we are like those slim quick commercials. You know we quit drinking soda and I only lost 5 lbs and he lost 20! It's just frustrating cause it's so hard for me to lose weight I'm losing at about a 1/2lb a week :( I will keep at it and try to keep from being so frustrated. I am just so happy about his decision! :happy:

Replies

• itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You guys are on the right path! and, I can tell you are so excited!!! :smile:
  • stephanieogle35
    Options
    Good for him! I know the effect of exercise on my blood sugar for HOURS afterwards. Does he use any type of medication to manage his blood sugar? I have to be careful what my blood sugar is before I start exercising. If my BS is under 150, I find it drops. If it's from 150-220ish, it tends to stay stable, but if it's over 220 when I start working out, it sometimes goes higher. I have type one diabetes, so am insulin dependent, but I only take about half my insulin for a meal if I'm going to be working out within an hour or so of having eaten. I believe oral medications work a bit differently, and he probably wouldn't have to worry so much about having a low blood sugar. Anyway, exercise is a huge key in helping me keep my diabetes in control, and it is such a good feeling to actively be doing something to control it. Good for him!
  • Prisme
    Prisme Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! I know how he feels. I was the same but just keep at it and it does get easier. My sugars are normal now and that alone makes me very happy.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Great to hear!

Make sure you stay positive for him!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Talk about sexy men! Mine did 35 pullups yesterday. OMG he is so hot.
    i love watching him do those..

i told him, "baby wait till im strong enough to do one, then you'll see what im talking about". :)
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    He was checking it after a workout and he wouldn't let me look at the monitor at first...he said it was " His woohoo" lol
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of my hubby! He is on the treadmill right now and is still going strong...he's been there for about 20 minutes! His blood sugar is down to around 180. Yes still high, but much better than 400 it was averaging. He's eating much better and I feel like we are in this weight loss thing together. This is so awesome! I am so excited!.....the only down side is we are like those slim quick commercials. You know we quit drinking soda and I only lost 5 lbs and he lost 20! It's just frustrating cause it's so hard for me to lose weight I'm losing at about a 1/2lb a week :( I will keep at it and try to keep from being so frustrated. I am just so happy about his decision! :happy:

Congrats to both of you! That's awesome that you can help each other stay on track.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm sure I would still be in the 270s if my husband hadn't inspired me to get started. Sooo much easier to get healthy in a team! :happy:
  • Ninguneado73
    Options
    You are fortunate. I envy you as the people around me in real life couldn't care less about getting in shape.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Good for both of you! Don't make it a competition, unless it's a competition against yourself. Even then, don't beat yourself up for not making your short-term objectives; just resolve to do better next time in order to meet your long-term goals. I had to travel a lot for work in the last few weeks and didn't lose what I had wanted to, but that's behind me, and it won't affect what I do from here on out.