C25k advice

Options
So I haven't ran in about 13 years. I have been cycling 12 miles a day 3 days a week in an average of 40 min. I started c2k5 today before my ride and it was pretty easy.

My question is, would it be bad to skip to week 2 or 3? Any advice on this program is welcome. Anything I should watch out for while doing this (Besides pot holes and dog doo lol)?

Replies

• RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I would say, you know your body and if it feels too easy, skip ahead. Try w2d1 and if that's too easy move on from there. C2k2 was designed for people who were basically only walking for excercise to gradually increase the intensity of their excercise.

The first time I did it I got thru week 5 then I kept getting strep throat and had to stop. 6 months later when I picked it up again I started at w1d1 and realized that was ridiculous and went back to week 6 and finished from there. If where you decide to jump to ends up feeling too hard you can always go back or repeat the week.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Be careful skipping ahead. My first time with C25K I skipped to week 3 because I was 7 weeks away from a race I really wanted to run. I ended up overdoing it and got tedonitis. After six weeks of rest I started C25K over from day 1 and finish up next week. A slight amount of lingering pain still bugs me now and then but it's much better this time. Just take it easy and listen to your body.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I did week 2 day 1 today. It was more difficult and I think more on my level. My hips were actually hurting this morning before the run (this is a new pain for me) I was up and down a ladder all weekend painting so I think that is causing the pain. I am going to take it slow and stay on week 2 this week and see what happens.