I don't know if I'm doing too much or not enough

I don't know if this is just me having a 'down' day, but I could really use some advice. I don't feel like I'm on the right track somehow.

I have been keeping track of my measurements and weight. My PT, who I see monthly, is tracking my BF %. Since February 4th, my BF% is down 5.2% and I've lost 1 inch from each leg and 1 inch from my torso, but nothing from my stomach or arms.

My short term goal is to get fit enough to do a 10k in June in a decent time. My long term goal is weight loss, mostly just to stop feeling so squishy and tighten everything up and 1/2 and full marathons.

My food diary is open, I try to log everything as accurately as possible.

My current workout routine is:
Monday: Boxfit (AM), walk 2 miles
Tuesday: walk 2 miles
Wednesday: Pilates (AM), Kickboxing (PM), walk 4 miles
Thursday: walk 2 miles
Friday: cardio (treadmill and rower) and weights
Saturday: cardio (treadmill and rower) and weights
Sunday: cardio (treadmill and rower) and weights

The walking is to and from the gym and work!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• Personally I'd say there is too much emphasis on cardio and not enough focus on strength training. How is your diet? Thats the main portion of weight loss, support it with a good weight lifting programme and you are onto a winner....
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    I don't see any time for rest and recuperation.:huh:
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Agree with both of the above. Add more strength training and be sure to have a day off for recup time.
  • I don't see any time for rest and recuperation.:huh:

To be fair the OP has a couple of days in there where she is only walking a couple of miles, nothing else. Thats not a lot, I walk that with the dog every day no matter what I'm doing gym wise. 2 miles isn't far, and if taken at a moderate pace I doubt it will harm a rest day.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    You plan on doing a 10k in June and you aren't running at all?

Even if it is a walking 10 k, you should consider longer walks. And if you are speed walking, aka walking at your absolute fastest, that doesn't count towards a rest day.

That being said, there is no reason to get on a treadmill when you are already walking several days a week.
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    I shall up my strength training. Thanks,

To be clear, I run on the treadmill, not walk so I am doing some running. I also try and fit in 10-20mins before my morning classes if there's time to try and up my speed.
  • I shall up my strength training. Thanks,

To be clear, I run on the treadmill, not walk so I am doing some running. I also try and fit in 10-20mins before my morning classes if there's time to try and up my speed.

Ah right, so are you having any rest days? If not I would say you should be. I have at least 2 a week. Total rest. All I do is walk the dog.
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Yes, Tuesdays an d Thursdays are my rest days (If I drive to work I don't walk at all but the most I do on these days is walk 2 miles to the bus stop)