Strapless Heart Rate Monitor???

Options
Hello, has anyone out there used a strapless heart rate monitor that you feel does a good job? If so what brand please:bigsmile:

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Sorry- best ones have strap. What are you against them. You will get used to it. Alternative is Bodymedia Fit which you can wear all day.
  • CoachColin
    Options
    Check out the Scoche Rythem. It has bluetooth and syncs to most smart phones. The only negative to it is there is a bit of a delay about 5-10 seconds
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Tried the strapless and it was a waste of money, I went back to my Polar with a chest strap.
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i hated the idea of a chest strap, because er... ahem.. the girls need room!

But, I got a Polar FT4, with chest strap and it just sits under my normal bra band and I think it does an excellent job, you cant tell its on to other people when you are wearing it, and I love knowing my own personal calories burnt.
  • lindseyb317
    lindseyb317 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i have a sportline duo that comes with an optional chest strap.. i never wear it. only downside to strapless is you have to touch the watch often with your finger to keep your heart rate readings accurate. with that said, i LOVE my watch and wear it all the time. its great!

Lindsey
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have - got it from target. It was a New Balance one. WASTE of money. It's not accurate because it's not continually monitoring your heart rate. I had to stop and check my pulse with my fingers on the watch face. The more you check your pulse on the watch face the more accurate it is. I was either horribly over or horribly under my actual calorie burn with that thing.

Bought a Polar FT4 with a chest strap for the same price on Amazon and it much better. If it does not have a chest strap don't buy it or send it back.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    i have a sportline duo that comes with an optional chest strap.. i never wear it. only downside to strapless is you have to touch the watch often with your finger to keep your heart rate readings accurate. with that said, i LOVE my watch and wear it all the time. its great!

Lindsey

Don't think these are so accurate though
  • lindseyb317
    lindseyb317 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I admit that it is a downside.... its accurate enough for me, if i remember to touch it whenever i feel my HR changing. Of course using a strap is going to be more accurate. The chest strap doesnt fit me well so i choose not to wear it because it never registers a reading.
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Appreciate the input!