Little help? Work dinner

Options
iiiEllie
iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
I have a work dinner that I HAVE to attend next week, I've only been to this place one other time and it was a completely different menu. I have zero clue as to what to order, or what is even the lower calorie option, if there is any.

http://www.simscorner.ca/pdf/Summer_menu_sims.pdf

Would love some input! I'm not a huge seafood fan either. Except shrimp.

Replies

• eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    PLAN!PLAN!PLAN!

Check out the menu online before you go(including calorie counts) Eat less calories during day if you feel like you're going to eat more at dinner. Or eat healthy meal before you go, and eat less at dinner.
  • iiiEllie
    Options
    Yeah I'm looking at the menu, that's what I linked. I don't have any clue to the calories in most of this stuff, I'm trying to get a little help on what is better on the menu to order.

It's essentially a night of overpriced food and free booze.
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go and enjoy the free booze:drinker: (as long as its in your cal. count)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd probably get the carpaccio or possibly the mussels, and a green salad. If you want a steak, though, the 6oz tenderloin is under 400 calories. That and the asparagus (but no bernaise) would be perfectly fine too. Don't have a potato, as steakhouses virtually always coat them in butter, even the roasted ones.
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The 6oz tenderloin is probably your best bet. I didn't see the side dishes. Also fresh oysters are good, and shrimp cocktail are all lean meats. I would ask if there is butter or oil on the roasted baby reds. If it is just herbs they may be a good choice. The cedar stained tenderloin also sounds great. For appetizers the beef carpaccio and arugula is good. It is raw beef though so you know. The herb marinated mushrooms if they are not done in butter, and the Halibut hold the cream sauce. The salmon may be ok but I would find out what is in the chutney. The roasted chicken could be great without the skin. And the pork loin would be lean but high in sodium. Looks like a really great place..yumm have fun hun.
  • cincigina
    cincigina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yum...tasty menu. I would probably go with the Local Harvest Greens Salad, dressing on the side and the halibut minus the cream sauce. The 6oz ribeye is probably a good choice too, but I never cook Halibut at home and it so good.
    I agree about the asparagus for a veggie side too. Have fun.
  • cakegobbler
    cakegobbler Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Could you call them and ask for healthy option? Some chefs are obliging that way.
  • iiiEllie
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. :)

I could try calling to see if that's something they'd do. Thanks for the idea!